- Company: One Acre Fund
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
One Acre Fund is a nonprofit organization that supplies smallholder farmers in East Africa with asset-based financing and agriculture training services to reduce hunger and poverty.
About The Role
One Acre Fund is operating a growing number of rural retail outlets. As One Acre Fund’s Rural Retail Regional Associate in Kenya, you will drive performance across shops within your region. you will work closely with all members of the Rural Retail Department to support the smooth running of their daily work. You will be the direct manager of, initially, up to 3 area supervisors in a geographical location, who in turn manage up to 15 shops. Your work will be essential to the success of these retail outlets. You will report directly to the Duka Operations Lead.
- Achieve regional targets, including (but not limited to) revenue, customer numbers and customer satisfaction;
- Team and performance management: The team include Duka Area Managers, who in turn each manage a group of Duka Officers and Deputy Duka Officers;
- Manage the training of the Duka Area Supervisors, Duka Officers and their assistants within your allocated group;
- Set growth and sales strategy and targets for your region, which align with wider organisational goals;
- Ensure the smooth running of daily operations and consistency of customer experience across the shops that you manage;
- Manage the delivery and return of orders across the shops that you oversee;
- Lead the annual budgeting process and manage the financial performance of your region;
- Manage the relationship with external partners within the geographic area that you manage;
- Build a team culture that represents One Acre Fund values and creates a divers, equitable and inclusive work environment.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the manager.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in sales / marketing, in an agricultural context
- Experience working in sales, marketing or business management
- Experience setting strategic direction
- Experience managing teams to success
- Knowledge of agricultural products and practices
- Excellent customer service skills
- Analytical and with the capacity to overcome difficult problems creatively
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.