Data Architect, IT Jobs Kenya 2022,
At Coop Bank, we are an equal opportunity employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment. The “Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking for new horizons.
We thrive on a successful universal banking model as well as ride on a unique Cooperative model providing innovative financial solutions for distinctive customer experience. Guided by our values, we seek to bolster our market position in the region, by leveraging our wide range of innovative financial solutions with a focus on delivering excellent customer experience by a highly motivated and talented team.
About the role
Reporting to Head – Data Governance & Protection, The Data Architect will be responsible for planning and designing conceptual structures and plans to meet the current and long-term enterprise requirements, as well as ensuring that the respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with the bank’s data governance strategies, policies and standards.
The role holder will also be required to interpret, use and apply information contained within the enterprise data architecture to inform a range of business improvement activities, particularly those involved in the implementation, design, development, enhancement and maintenance of ICT systems and business processes.
About the person
Are you a subject matter expert as far as Data Architecture is concerned? Do you possess in-depth knowledge and experience across multiple technology platforms, business processes and enterprise architecture?
Are you well experienced in the use of data modeling tools and languages? Then, this is the perfect opportunity for you to make use of your skills, experience and be part of groundbreaking & visionary thinking within a team that contributes to Data analytics strategies geared towards informing business decisions.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Design logical and physical data structures that support the enterprise information requirements as well as analyze and align the enterprise data models with other business processes.
- Define and maintain the data technology architecture to guide the selection and integration of data-related technology and to govern the flow of data within the enterprise systems and applications. Perform data warehouse architecture to capture the data transitions and snapshots in data warehouse systems for maximum usefulness and performance as well as the business intelligence architecture to govern the decision support framework and drive data mining, analysis, and reporting.
- Define and maintain the meta-data architecture that governs how meta-data is created, integrated, controlled and accessed and design enterprise taxonomies and namespaces to organize enterprise data.
- Define and maintain conceptual structures and plans to meet the current and long-term data requirements of the enterprise.
- Determine, document and assess the enterprise information needs from business, operational, compliance and regulatory perspectives.
- Share best practices, lessons learned and constantly update the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Support strategic direction by drawing on information from multiple sources and using guidelines to analyze what information is important and how it should be used.
- Achieves results by overseeing tasks through to completion, working within agreed priorities, committing to achieving quality outcomes, seeking feedback from supervisors to gauge satisfaction and seeking guidance when required.
- Support productive working relationships by building and sustaining positive relationships with team members, stakeholders and clients, and being responsive to changes in client and stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Display personal drive and integrity by taking responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work, showing initiative to do what is required, and committing energy and drive to see that goals are achieved.
- Support design and implementation of data privacy by design through the data lifecycle.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, engineering or related discipline.
- Expert knowledge across multiple technology platforms, business processes and enterprise architecture.
- Expert knowledge in SQL/PLSQL and data modeling.
- TOGAF certification will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in working with or leading a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) integration environment.
- Strong background in understanding organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies, and use of the same in developing IT strategies and solutions.
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills. Communicates with influence, confidently presenting communications in a clear, concise and articulate manner, focusing on key points and using appropriate, unambiguous language, selecting the most appropriate medium for conveying information, and structuring written and oral communication to ensure clarity.
- Analytical with good project management and team leadership skills.
- Knowledge in the use of notable data management tools.
- Leads from the front
- Delivers and owns results
- Values and respects others
- Drives innovation
- Fosters communication
- Inspires trust and integrity
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile, and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] indicating “DA2/IID/2022” in the subject line by close of business on 22 nd August 2022 .
We are an equal opportunity employer.