- Company: MyCompliance Office Limited (MCO)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Data Science / Research Jobs in KenyaIT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
MCO provides compliance management software that help companies reduce their risk of misconduct. Their SAAS based platform lets compliance professionals demonstrate that they are proactively managing the regulated activities of employees, third-party vendors and other agents of the firm. Available as a unified suite or à la carte, their easy-to-use and extensible SaaS-based solutions get clients up and running quickly and cost-efficiently. They have built their passion and proficiency for compliance automation into every product, empowering clients of all sizes to maximize technology to minimize conduct risk.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Architecture, you will work closely with architects, business analysts and product delivery technical team to understand the needs and requirements, use your knowledge to design and deliver high quality data structure for a large, global multi-tenant B2B solution. You would be expected to spend fair portion of your time understanding and documenting existing data model and recommending improvements as part of this process.
About the person:
You are an experienced database architect with a broad technical skillset. You have excellent IT experience working with database including analyzing, designing, and improving data models.
An independent thinker, who is driven and motivated, who stands for quality and commitment to building real expertise. The willingness to formulate and introduce both process and technology improvements and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with business and architecture team to design and build data solutions.
- Document all aspects of data model design.
- Maintain a full data dictionary for all data elements held in relational database.
- Advocate and oversee all improvements to central MCO “Master” data.
- Contribute to content for a support knowledge base on data questions and issues for CSM team.
- Ensure all Client data can also be normalized back to central Master data (e.g., Business Entity, Security Data, and Associated Persons.
- Assist in resolution of major data issues for clients and be a point of escalation for complex data issues.
- Assist in design of processes for Data removal from the system.
- Provide input and oversight on data related policies and procedures such as Personal Privacy Data (e.g., GDPR), BCP, data feeds, data removal, etc.
- Responsible for design and ongoing maintenance of the CARE Analytics product and its associated BI tool (Sisense).
Experience and skills:
- 10 years of IT Experience with at least 5 years’ experience working with RDBMS database.
- Keen interest in database design.
- Some experience working with Java and related technologies.
- Experience working with BI tools.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- Experience with high-volume, SaaS, multi-tenant platforms.
- Active awareness of the technical direction of data related elements in the marketplace.