- Company: Lori Systems
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Engineering Jobs in KenyaIT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Lori Systems is a fast growing, technology venture based in Nairobi, Kenya led by Harvard & MIT graduates and backed by local & international investors and advisors. Leveraging 3 years of research at Harvard and in-house developed technology, Lori has built a logistics platform that is revolutionising the cargo-transport value chain in Africa – from the ground up. The relative cost of moving goods in the region is one of the highest in the world – leading to up to 75% of a product’s cost going to logistics (compared to 6% in the US). Lori enables the logistics space to operate at an order of magnitude more efficiently than it does today. Higher efficiency through Lori has been demonstrated to drive costs down which is expected to create new jobs & stimulate overall economic development in a tangible way.
The Lori team of ~140 employees is led by a team obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa:
- Uche Ogboi, CEO: Principal at EchoVC ( TPG Growth investment platform), Investment Banker at Citi , Nigerian native
- Jean-Claude Homawoo, Co-Founder & CPO: Product Lead at Google , VP Strategy at iRoko; Harvard MBA, Togolese native
- Alan Elliott, CFO: 30+ yrs senior financial and operational management experience in logistics, supply chain, and manufacturing, South African native
- Assist other engineering teams in maintaining of software in ensuring at least 99.99% availability of the platform
- Maintain our code deployment and management infrastructure
- Help Define framework and tools to be used in management of code quality across the engineering organization
- Partnering with engineering teams to automate & optimize service availability, scalability, performance, monitoring, and alerting.
- Monitor site reliability and participate in efforts to improve reliability and scalability
- Find and address software and systems performance concerns
Skills And Qualifications:
- At least 2 years’ experience working with server-side programming languages, preferably python
- Experience with microservices.
- Deep knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of best practices in continuous delivery and continuous integration.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools and workflows, such as Git/Gitflow
- Working knowledge of GraphQL will be an added advantage
- Proven experience supporting a distributed architecture
- Strong Familiarity with Azure & Amazon Web Services.
- Deep understanding of configuration management, automation, and infrastructure-as-code tools (for example, Ansible, Terraform, Salt, or Puppet).