- Company: Safaricom Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Engineering Jobs in KenyaIT/Telecom Jobs in KenyaSafaricom Jobs in Kenya
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
We are pleased to announce the following Job Opportunity for Enterprise Integration BPM Support Lead in Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Tech Lead – Core Billing & BSS Operations, the role holder is responsible for second line support of the integration platform and related services, provide technical leadership to the support team as well as report on service performance based on an agreed upon set of metrics. He or she will also work with the planning and delivery teams to onboard new services and engage business and other stakeholders as and when required.
- Coordinate releases of new product and services into production, ensure alignment of all stakeholders, review runbooks and change work instructions to ensure deployment as per plan while achieving non-functional and operational requirements.
- Ensure the operational readiness requirements are properly documented, regularly reviewed, and updated where necessary to govern introduction of services/products to production environments
- Manage events and incidents in the integration services production environments and ensure resolution within target recovery time by identifying the root cause or putting in place a workaround to restore service or a permanent fix. Document the incident, impact and track all arising actions items via problem management.
- Ensuring all stakeholders are actively engaged during incidents and critical/major changes.
- Planning, coordinating execution and documenting the business continuity all the services in the domain to ensure disaster recovery readiness is achieved.
- Continuously evaluate the performance of the systems in the domain, review configurations and monitoring to ensure policy and technical compliance, recommend improvements and track closure.
- Engaging stakeholders across different business units on continuous service improvement initiatives within the domain, track, update on progress to closure and manage any impediments.
- Maintain reports on team performance, vendor performance and system performance as well as review departmental and divisional reports especially around availability, capacity, and service management, pick out any actions that require attention and prioritize for resolution.
- Lead the integration engineers on day-to-day activities while ensuring proper resource scheduling for optimal delivery.
- Undertake regular one on ones, performance reviews and mentorship of team members to ensure optimal performance.
- Work with the planning and development teams to chart the target architecture and roadmap to evolve integration systems to fit for future platforms.
- Lead the team on research in new ways of operating integration platforms, identify opportunities for automation and well as spearhead the adoption of machine learning and AIOps.
- University Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 8 years’ experience in a networked and dynamic IT environment at least 5 of those should be as a senior operations/support engineer or as a software developer.
- 5 years IT operations experience at least 3 of which are in middleware integration platforms like Tibco, MuleSoft, Oracle SOA, JBoss etc and Business Process Management solutions such as Tibco BPM.
- Advanced skillset in webserver administration and optimization. E.g., Apache, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Microsoft IIS etc.
- Experience in relational databases e.g., oracle, MySQL; database scripting e.g., PL/SQL and working knowledge of NO-SQL databases.
- ITIL and agile experience, training, and certification.
- Experience in monitoring of large-scale systems and deployment of automation and machine learning to provide self-healing/AI Ops capabilities.
- Knowledge and experience with No-SQL databases, cloud technologies e.g., AWS, Python/Java programming will be an added advantage