- Company: Deloitte Consulting
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Deloitte Consulting is a leading provider of innovative development solutions to U.S. and international donors, foundations, governments, and Fortune 500 companies. With member firm presence in more than 150 countries, we bring the power of a global firm and leverage our immense technical expertise and firm capabilities to bring integrated approaches to US Agency for International Development.
Our client, The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK), is responsible for formulating monetary policy to achieve and maintain price stability. The Central Bank also promotes financial stability; an effective and efficient payment, clearing and settlement system; formulates and implements foreign exchange policies; holds and manages foreign exchange reserves; issuing of currency; and is the banker for, adviser to and fiscal agent of the Government.
In line with its vision to be a World-Class Modern Central Bank reflected in its People, Systems and Processes, the Bank is looking to identify results driven, visionary, strategic thinking, experienced and highly qualified leaders with excellent credentials, proven experience, demonstrated capacity and know-how who will play a pivotal role in driving the Central Bank of Kenya Operations and Processes through Information Technology.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the Head IT Business Relationship Engagement will provide overall guidance, strategic direction and advice on the architectural design of new and existing systems. The role will be accountable for defining and managing the relationship between IT and other business units. The primary aim is to ensure that the right support is delivered through the IT Business Engagement and Relationship Managers to the relevant business units, in order to support delivery of their business objectives.
- Provide overall leadership for the following key sections within the Division – Payments Systems, Core Banking, Enterprise Applications, Sup/RegTech and System Development;
- Lead the development of a Business Intelligence & Analytics Section that will create and maintain a state-of-the art Big Data platform for deep analytics and business insights;
- Business-to-IT Strategic planning, budget management and optimization, vendor management, resource management, process participation and ownership;
- Advise on acquisition development, integration and delivery of IT Solutions for business units, identifying and championing automation of their business processes;
- Responsible for all Business applications systems’ architecture, enhancements, performance metrics and customer satisfaction;
- Identify opportunities for automation and streamline business processes in all business areas, including designing and driving the data analytics strategy for the bank;
- Review business process and/or technical design to validate appropriate use of technology and ensure systems enhance business processes, operations and information process flow;
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services by monitoring system performance, directing production application support, adhering to service level agreements with end users; and
- Coordinate with the infrastructure, system administration and service delivery units to ensure efficient and reliable business continuity practices are in place as per the enterprise BCP policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Electrical Engineering or a similar field aligned to Information Technology Operations.
- Professional certifications such as ITIL service management, ISO lead implementer (20000/22301), COBIT, CISA, CRISC and CGEIT.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in an IT environment, five (5) years of which should be in a senior leadership position, focused on Business Engagement & Analysis, Core Banking Systems, Enterprise Applications, Business process re-engineering and mapping.
- Broad and deep technical knowledge of IT infrastructure design and implementation, service management, ongoing operations and performance management across an enterprise footprint.
- Working knowledge and experience in managing payment systems such as KEPSS/RTGS, SWIFT, Automated Clearing House (ACH) and Temenos T24 Core Banking Platform.
- Experience in designing and delivering a Business Intelligence & Analytics Unit, leading a team of data science, engineering and analytics professionals.
- Strong leadership & management capabilities to inspire and coach employees.
- Demonstrable experience in core business modules that drive Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and enterprise collaboration tools.
- Certification in Prince 2, MSP or TOGAF will be an added advantage.
- Exposure to ITIL knowledge is desirable.
If you believe you meet the role specifications for any of the above role or roles , please submit your application or applications, including: authentic certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, your curriculum vitae, details of the current position, current remuneration, as well as email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity