- Company: SOS Children’s Villages
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, non-governmental international development organization which has been working to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children since 1949.
Summary of the Position
Under the direction of the Director of HR/OD ESAF the incumbent will be responsible for providing high-quality and efficient end to end HR services and support with a focus on job evaluation, grading and compensation and benefits systems management to the regional office and member counties. The incumbent will also and focus on providing technical and HR Business partnering and OD support to the regional office and assigned Member countries in the region in line with the relevant SOS Children’s Villages policies and procedures. The incumbent will also provide support in payroll administration for the regional office in Addis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to rollout the SOS Children’s Villages global and regional compensation and benefit system in the region and serve as focal point for all compensation and benefits related initiatives and programmes to Countries in the region;
- Supports regional HROD Director in designing and implementation comprehensive rewards management system including salary structures and compensation and benefits processes on regional level.
- Provide overall HR Business partner service to the regional office and to assigned countries including performance management, learning and development, organization design, restructuring and change management processes and HR and related policies reviews.
- Acts as regional reference point for job description, job evaluation, and regional job architecture and benchmarking, design approach and follow up of implementation and maintenance of the compensation and benefits system; including end of service benefit as well as strategic workforce topic in the region.
- Regularly monitor market changes/ data that would affect compensation in the response program and communicating this to the Regional Director HROD.
- Regularly monitor the benefits including advising MAs/NAs on benefits and changes in the labour market with regards to inflation and designing strategies to mitigate its effects on budgets and talent management and retain talent.
- Provide coaching and capacity building and fosters exchange and knowledge sharing in the topic of compensation and benefits among the region wide HR community network.
- Support MAs in workforce planning and budgeting processes, provide inputs to personnel and compensation budget validations.
- Monitor cluster country HR policies and processes on compensation and benefits programs to ensure alignment to international HR minimum quality standards & guidelines.
- Support in coordinating salary surveys to benchmarking salaries and benefits for disaster response programming to develop a competitive pack to attract and retain talent and disaster response competencies.
- Supports member associations in individual and organizational capacity assessment and HR Audit processes, talent acquisition and management, design and delivery of HROD capacity building strategies and plans.
- Coordinate the compilation of region level HROD reports and HROD KPIs follow up.
- Support the HROD Director with the preparation of payroll and benefits information for regional staff for onward processing and payroll execution.
- Manages payroll files using the existing organizational tool and excel files as applicable, analyzes salary computation and discrepancies and calculates salary amount prior to HROD Director’s approval, implements salary adjustments processes for staff when applicable.
- S/he will be responsible within own area of work and cluster countries to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination. Also responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately following Child Safeguarding reporting procedure
“SOS Children’s Villages International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
- Master Degree in Human Resources/Organization development/Business Administration and Public Administration or any other related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in a generalist HR Management with strong technical knowledge in Compensation & Benefits management and payroll administration, of these at least 3 years relevant managerial or senior advisory experience.
- Solid experience in and job evaluation methodologies, job grading, benchmarking, salary structure design, including sound legal knowledge (contracts, payroll, termination benefits, preferably at regional level.
- Competency in Human Resources process management, capacity assessment & building skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft office applications with advanced skills in Excel Applications.
- Some knowledge of accounting will be an advantage
- Strong communication, planning, analytical, HR metrics and report writing skills.
- Work experience in virtual collaboration and multicultural team coordination, facilitation skills are added advantages.
- Good understanding of business processes, transactions to enable effective HR Business partnering support the clients at various levels of the organization.