ICT Manager Jobs, ICT Jobs, Computer Science Job, Nuclear Power & Energy Agency Jobs
Manager, Information Communication Technology
Job Ref No. NuPEA/HRA/ICT/3/6/2019
Reporting to the Director Corporate Services, the job holder will be responsible for leading, directing and overseeing the Information Communications Technology function and ensuring continuous operation and cost-efficiency of the organization’s systems, network, database architecture and data security and ensuring consistency and reliability of hardware, software, non-system tools, data archiving and offsite disaster recovery management by:
- Preparing, reviewing and implementing ICT strategic and operational plans ensuring that all necessary ICT tools, processes and systems are in place.
- Managing and providing oversight for the implementation of an ICT security strategy and disaster recovery plan to minimize risk of data loss and breach of privacy of Board’s information.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining all policies related to ICT services, including procurement, distribution and asset management.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring ICT budget to ensure that resources are used efficiently and effectively.
- Developing sourcing strategy to ensure appropriate procedures are in place to select equipment and service vendors.
- Overseeing the implementation and maintenance of technology infrastructure in line with the organization growth plans, and changing technological advancements.
- Providing methods, tools and procedures for data integrity and quality assurance
- Exercising control and monitoring of ICT projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Diploma in Computer Science/ Information Technology and certifications.
- Be a registered member of Computer Society of Kenya.
- Must have at least ten (10) years’ relevant work experience, five (5) of which should be in a senior management position
Knowledge Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Energy Sector in Kenya;
- Demonstrate understanding of national values;
- Excellent leadership competencies including analytical skills, excellent organization and coordination skills and ability to make decisions;
- Meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Proven ability to build and manage effective teams;
- Be detail oriented and have ability to meet deadlines; and
- Be results oriented.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointment will be for a contractual term of three (3) years, renewable subject to effective performance and delivery of set targets.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package for the position
How to Apply
Interested candidates for the above positions must submit copies of the following clearances and certificates:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Academic Certificates
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope) on or before 28th June, 2019 by 5.00pm East African Time .
Applicants to include CVs with details of day-time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/ Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport and Bio Data Form (.doc file)
Applications can be sent by post or delivered to:
The Director, Human Resource and Administration,
Nuclear Power and Energy Agency,
Kawi Complex Block C, 2nd Floor,
Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road,
P.O. Box 26374-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Or emailed to:
email@example.com (for Manager, ICT)