- Company: United Nations
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization to promote international co-operation. A replacement for the ineffective League of Nations, the organization was established on 24 October 1945
Eligibility criteria Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment. Description of task
Under The Direct Supervision Of Secretary Of Governing Bodies And Deputy Secretary Of Governing Bodies, The UN Volunteer Will Undertake The Following Tasks
- Assist in organizing and supporting the meetings of the UNEP Governing Bodies, in particular OECPR and UNEA.
- Support the staff of the unit in all matters related to the application of Information Technology, including user support, and the application of social media
- Provide IT support to the servicing of the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA) and the Open-ended CPR.
- Contribute to the regular update of unit website contents and that of marine litter.
- Develop and maintain mobile application for UNEA delegates
- Maintain the Paper smart portal by troubleshooting and solving bugs in the system
- Develop new modules as required by the secretary of the governing bodies for the paper smart portal
- Prepare questionnaires, surveys etc. in their design and online mode.
- Manage the GoToMeeting or any virtual meeting tool that the secretariat uses in its meetings
- Support virtual meetings held by the secretariat
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education – Additional Comments: Degree in Information Technology, Information System Technology, Computer Science or relevant area of study
Education – Additional Comments: A diploma/certificate in graphic/web design will be desirable Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- 3 years working in a busy web development environment with extensive experience with Drupal platforms.
- Strong programing skills in PHP and for Drupal modules
- 3 years of working experience
- Strong ability to work and interact well with diverse groups;
- Collaborative work approach and team spirit;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Web and graphic design, IT architecture and IT project management Area of expertise details:
- Web/graphic design
- Drupal Modules
Driving license: No Competencies values: Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams