Integration Specialist Jobs, ICT Jobs, CBA Bank Jobs
Commercial Bank of Africa Ltd (CBA) is the largest privately owned bank in East Africa and has been operating for over 50 years. CBA was founded in Tanzania and branches were set up in Kenya and Uganda shortly thereafter.
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND, MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 5 years
Job Field: ICT / Computer
- This is a technical role that is responsible for the analysis, design, development and management (technical support) of the bank’s ESB platforms with all its integration points to the Core Banking System, Bank Channels, Partners and other Third-Party systems. The role delivers business strategy through the GITA by making information flow through various Bank Systems.
- The role requires prototyping skills, excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work as part of an agile team, to manage competing priorities, design solutions as part of a larger roadmap and to be hands on in supporting implemented technologies.
- The effective execution of the role’s responsibilities should enhance the NCBA brands by delivering on the below key responsibilities;
- The design/analysis, development, delivery and ongoing improvement of all Systems Integration processes (40%)
- Provide 2nd Level support for escalated issues from the IT Operations and IT Applications Teams (20%)
- Adherence to internal policies and procedures for the development and management of NCBA Integration Platforms and ESB/SOA repositories along ITIL and other best practice standards (10%)
- Support, maintain and audit existing service lifecycle artifacts, to agreed SLAs (10%)
- Effective management of relationships and protocols with other technical platform owners and internal business owners (10%)
- Advise internal customers on technology improvements that will ensure realization and maximization of business objectives (10%)
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- The candidate relates easily and naturally with executives, business managers, technical teams and customers.
- Has excellent listening skills and understands the desires and challenges of all our leaders and customers.
- Commercial Acumen
- The ideal candidate has broad knowledge of business, and has an interest in market trends. With this knowledge, the candidate has researched and possessed an intricate knowledge of our business: it’s vision, mission, strategy, values and how it operates.
- They easily see how our business model compares with trending local & worldwide consumer demands.
Excellent Leadership & Communication Skills
- The ideal candidate can clearly communicate and share the Systems Integration matters with executives, business leaders, and stakeholders across the organization – in a manner that leaves them all touched, moved and inspired.
- Ability to rally the organizations technology team around the architecture framework.
Innovative & Adaptable
- The ideal candidate is passionate about innovation. Loves technology and possess both a deep and broad understanding of the technology market and cutting-edge technology trends.
- Continuously listening to our stakeholder’s feedback, and coming up with new architectures and enhancing existing ones to leverage these cutting-edge technologies.
Self-Driven & Results Oriented
- Self-motivated and self-managing.
- Their work has had a material impact in attracting new customers, delighting existing customers, increasing our market share and enhancing our organizations efficiency and profits.
- Delivery model is organized around delighting our customers, increasing our profitability, and increasing the businesses efficiency.
- Knowledge and experience in modern practices for Systems Integration and operations in medium to large banks to provide guidance on quality improvements and strategic changes
- Technical skills to effectively perform or guide performance of Application design and operations activities/tasks in a manner that consistently produce high quality of service.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- A Master’s degree in Technology or Business-related course is an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT systems development within a large highly digitized organization designing, implementing and managing mission critical systems, with at least 2 of those years within systems integration
- Certification and experience implementing best practice frameworks e.g. ITIL, PRINCE2
- Hands on experience in software development with major languages Java, Kotlin, C++, C# and practical experience using relation RDBMS e.g. Oracle and MS SQL etc. Strong hands on experience in Oracle SOA suite including BPEL, Human Workflow, Business rules, BAM, Mediator, Oracle Adapters, OSB, JDeveloper, WebLogic Application server, and Oracle Database.
- Strong understanding of SOA lifecycle, Integration patterns and standard methodologies.
- Experience in creating technical designs, deployment related artifacts.
- Ability to Develop, Unit test and fix defects raised during testing phases.
- Knowledge of Unix commands and SQL will be required.
Certification in Oracle SOA/BPM Suite will be preferred.
Deep understanding of industry standard formats and protocols (JMS, SOAP, XML/XPath/XQuery, REST and JSON) Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A good knowledge of the systems and processes within Financial Services industry Issue/bug tracking tools e.g. JIRA
- Use of continuous integration tools e.g. Gitlab CI/Jenkins Testing Automation
How to Apply
Go to www.cbagroup.com to apply