Network Transport Planning Engineer Job, Engineering Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Position : Network Transport Planning Engineer,
Region : Nairobi,
Reporting to : Manager Network Transport Planning,
Band : 2.2,
Department : Technology Division,
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
The incumbent will be responsible for the planning, designing, implementation and optimization of IP and access solutions (Mobile Packet Backbone Network, Fixed access network, Internet gateway and Mobile Backhaul. The incumbent will work closely with transmission and fiber planning engineers to deliver the most optimal transport solution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Tracking equipment life cycle and features
- Plan/prepare the IP network for technology evolution
- Design the IP network for new elements and services to be added
- Create KPIs for new products/services
- Analyze the IP network on a weekly basis against the KPI
- Minimize network and service impact for any change and scheduling all planned works
- Create, update and handover system configuration documentation after software/hardware upgrade to operations
- Analyze the effect of a change before & after implementation
- Provide recommendation reports to Identify opportunities for improvement and optimization of existing services
- Act as a point of escalation for operational issues
- Contribute to the cost saving targets of the function
- Vendor management – Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to specification
- IP and access network database & inventory management
Academic Background & Professional Knowledge
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Telecommunication Engineering/Electrical and Electronic engineering
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the planning and design of transmission/IP networks
- Proficient in routing protocols OSPF,ISIS, BGP and L2 & L3 MPLS VPNs, segment routing
- Conversant with carrier Ethernet technical specifications E-line, E-LAN and E tree
- Conversant with ITIL framework approach to IT service management
- Developing HLD,LLD and MoP documents
- Conversant with MEF’s third network
- Understanding of GSM network architecture
How to Apply
Application should be sent to [email protected] by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 15 th October 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.