Project Manager Jobs, Architecture Jobs In Kenya, Title: Project Manager – Real Estate, Location: Nairobi, Reporting to: General Manager, Gross Salary: 150k – 200k,
Our client is a residential golf community. They seek to hire a Project Manager to oversee, supervise and approve all building procedures, building construction and all infrastructure components to completion.
- Review project plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Provide oversight and direction to outside third parties (architects, engineers, construction professionals) on projects.
- Engage in engineering and environmental due diligence activities while working with a network of third-party firms.
- Performing occasional on-site inspections of both existing assets as well as projects under construction.
- Performing review of both consultant recommendations and the underlying contractor request for payments.
- Negotiating construction and professional services contracts.
- Developing policies, procedures and protocols aimed at providing superior advisory services to clients.
- Providing and maintain project budgets, schedules, and other project related information and documentation utilizing standard project management tools.
- Managing architects, engineers, and other construction and building specialists consultants for design and other business-related needs.
- Developing relationships with consultants/contractors/suppliers and evaluate their performance.
- Responsible for start-up, follow-up and closing meetings with client or tenant for schedule updates, direction and or changes on a regular basis throughout life of project.
- Examines, estimates material, equipment and production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to insure completeness and accuracy.
- Maintaining and giving a report on records for Tests on construction material.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personal and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays on projects. Interacts with architects, engineers, and outside general contractors.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Working directly with other Senior Management Team members to provide leadership, strategic direction, and prioritize initiatives focused on client services, value delivery, efficiency/cost control, project planning, and resource management.
- From both a technical and cost perspective, perform evaluations of buildings systems, components, materials and construction methodologies as necessary to support achievement of real estate investment goals.
- Oversee, review and approve all building designs and technical documents.
- Ensure compliance with building rules, regulations and Technical documents according to the standards as well as government policies and requirements.
- Monitor work of construction, renovations/repairs on site and Inspect new, vacant units and issue occupation certificates.
- Select, hire and instruct laborers working onsite clearance.
- Any other duties assigned to him.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the field of architecture, business, real estate, engineering or construction management
- Licensed Engineer or Registered Architect
- Five years minimum professional experience with building design and / or construction industry and / or real estate investment environment in a similar role.
- Proven track record of in site organization and completing projects successfully
- Proven Managerial and Leadership skills
- Excellent communication and IT fluency
- Ability to handle pressures and meet deadlines
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and current Construction events
- Ability to provide leaderships to a large team workers and subcontractors in multiple construction sites.
- Practical experience in building and construction projects.
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject ( Project Manager – Real Estate ) to [email protected] before 23rd December 2019 .
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.