Cloud Network Engineer Job, Latest IT Jobs Kenya,
The position holder will provide technical expertise, design and support to Safaricom in the field of Call Center, local and wide area network administration.
- Advises on the communications requirements of installed and planned networked information systems.
- Carries out surveys to establish network connection requirements.
- Maintain system standards and procedures on network related issues and technically enforce the same.
- Correct and secure specification that meet business objectives
- Working with the Digital Engineering team on providing various cloud solutions and integrations.
- Designing Amazon Web Services Solutions, Microsoft Azure solutions and integration to cloud native applications.
- Implementation, Configuration and support of the Safaricom voice platforms including the contact center and cisco call manger.
- Limited downtime, nil business disruption and correct change management.
- Ensuring system availability, neatness, change management and accommodation at all times.
- Monitors, administers and maintains network security, countermeasures for availability and safety.
- 9% LAN availability target.
- Liaise with other departments to deliver cross team projects and harmonized IT operations in SFC. Provide input, expertise in projects that require IT Network infrastructure for expanding business areas to support retail outlets. Switch rooms and new products and services
- Consistently meet project milestones dependent on IT and LAN/WAN connectivity.
- Uses network management tools to investigate, diagnose and resolve network problems within service level agreement tolerances, referring to network users, other staff, and suppliers as necessary. Respond to support issues and connectivity incidents for Safaricom’s Corporate LANs, troubleshooting and IP Addressing and connectivity across the company.
- Time to fix system wide network problems not to exceed 15 minutes during office hours with no recurrence.
- All other problems to be resolved & escalated within agreed tolerances. Response must be acceptable to the business.
- Resolving and escalating if required of all tasks logged in IT service desk for networks team as per agreed SLA.
- Implements and administers the SFC internet connection, mail gateways and security.
- Target of 99.8% internet uptime, LAN, WAN, Data Center Network, Cloud Infrastructure.
- Response to support calls on data, telephone support and call center issues as backup for Telephone Services Team Leader.
- Requirement is 100% availability on the cisco Voice, Rich media and WebEx ecosystem.
- Documentation of network, network design hardware and software inventory.
- Have up to date and accurate network documentation. 100% Accuracy at all times.
Qualifications/ Technical Skills
- Graduate/Degree BSc. In Comp. Sc,
- Certified CISCO Engineer
- Experience with different cloud provider technologies including Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure.
- A solid background in Linux/Unix and Windows server system administration
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure and security requirements
- Deep Knowledge of Voice Systems – call Manager, Genesys
- Knowledge and integration of SIP and PSTN.
- Managing, Configuring and Troubleshooting CISO Security Integrated Services Engine (ISE)
- Managing to configure and Troubleshooting CISCO Security Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- Managing, Configuring and Troubleshooting Checkpoint Firewalls, Cisco Firewalls and Web Authentication Firewalls.
- Formal professional training or work experience in networking and communication technologies. Knowledge of a networking environment
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS and proficiency in a wide range of networking LAN/WAN products and technologies
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Knowledge of basic network architecture concepts (zones/DMZ, VLANs, segmentation, subnetting. LAN/WAN).
- Basic understanding of dynamic routing protocols a plus.
- Good working knowledge of basic firewall configuration concepts (ACL, NAT/PAT, routing statements, ports, protocols, VPNs
- General exposure to firewalls, switches, routers, and other networking devices.
- Knowledge of cisco Voice systems including cisco call manager, Webex
Extra Added Advantage
- Unix – Intermediary
- Linux – Intermediary
- IOS – Intermediary
- ASA – Intermediary
How To Apply