Mpesa API Engineer Job, IT Jobs In Kenya, Engineering Kenya Jobs 2022,
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for MPESA API Engineer in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the API Engineer Lead , the role holder responsibilities include: design, development and support of API solutions.
- Development of API’s consumed by various channels.
- Development of microservices using java, spring boot and spring boot security.
- Use CI/CD to automate deployments.
- Deliver projects on time as agreed upon by the various stakeholders.
- Design maintain and support Apigee infrastructure.
- Document and coordinate efforts to secure application resiliency prior to business continuity event.
- Participate in design, development, testing and implementation of new products, services and functionalities
- Making use of agile and scrum frameworks in project delivery while making use of tools like Jira, Confluence etc.
- Provide support during service deployments and when on-call.
- Participate in audit activities, review and provide data to auditors.
- Development of automated tests for functional, performance, and security testing using test-driven development methodology.
- Support capacity planning initiatives and provide application information to capacity planning teams.
- Customize alerting tools based on application specific thresholds.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Telecommunications or Electronic Engineering.
- At least 2-year work experience in software development.
- At least 1-year work experience in API management e.g., Apigee, MuleSoft etc.
- Strong understanding of both JSON, SOAP and development on swagger UI using open API’s
- Experience in securing APIs using Oauth, SAML etc.
- Strong knowledge in API modelling languages and annotations e.g., in Swagger
- Experience in java, spring boot, bash
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases i.e., Oracle, MySQL, Mongo DB, Cassandra
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing API’s using REST and SOAP
- Experience developing solutions using agile, DevOPs, testing and CI/CD automation tools e.g., Jenkins, SonarQube, Git lab
- Strong understanding of end-to-end API and microservices architecture
- Experience in automation tools e.g., rundeck, ansible etc.
- Good presentation skills
How to Apply