- Company: McKinsey & Company
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Kenya
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm. We are the trusted advisor to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, public relations or related field is required. Masters degree in these or related fields is highly desired.
- 10 years running communications programmes including in the NGO space
- Native English speaker with excellent oral, writing and editing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills
- In-depth experience developing and managing communications strategies and implementation plans
- Proven ability to manage complex information and develop a real-time information management system with high functionality and ability to provide quick access to different content and messages
- Self-motivated with an ability to work entrepreneurially; flexible, creative, able to work under pressure and deal with ambiguity
- Understanding of political economy sensitivities across a range of African countries
- Strategic thinker
- Problem solver
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll work in Nairobi with cross cultural teams and a range of stakeholders for the Manufacturing Africa programme, working closely with programme leadership and project teams reporting to the Programme team lead. You will also liase with country advisors for the various Manufacturing Africa locations as well as the trade and industry associations in each country.
Manufacturing Africa is a large scale investment promotion programme aimed at driving the economic transformation needed to create jobs for the future and set African countries on a trajectory out of poverty. This programme aims to drive the economic transformation needed to create jobs and set African countries on a trajectory out of poverty. To achieve this goal, the programme aims to significantly increase foreign direct investment (FDI) into the manufacturing sectors of selected Africa countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Senegal, Cote d’Ívoire and Nigeria).
Furthermore, the programme will coordinate with and influence relevant partners to further the overall Manufacturing Africa programme objectives and share knowledge within the programme.
What You’ll Do
You will develop review and adapt communications strategies for the programme, and set up the architecture to implement the strategies.
In this role you will liase with the teams on ground to understand their specific needs and plan a country specific communication approach accordingly. You will design and execute the programme’s online and social media strategy, developing a presence for Manufacturing Africa. You will develop and produce individual communications including flyers, country newsletters, success stories and internal reports on a regular basis. You will liase with relevant location organizations, for example trade and industry associations, to understand how the programme can support or even complement their efforts.