IT Jobs In Kenya.
About the iTalanta Program
Elewa’s iTalanta Program matches software development talent in East Africa with cutting-edge local, EU, and US industries. iTalanta engineers work on innovative projects in the newest technologies, internally at Elewa, as well as externally for global startups and corporates.
About the Position
The Senior Full-Stack Engineer shall develop and maintain cutting-edge & sustainable software solutions that contribute to solving key challenges of our current and potential clients.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
Product & Software Development
- FullStack software development on a stack-based off TypeScript/[React, Vue or Angular], Flutter, modern languages and frameworks such as NodeJS, Python, Java/C#, Firebase, Neo4J, Apollo GraphQL, … (whatever technology is the most suitable for the client’s needs).
- Work on new components and on proper integration of new pages and components into the existing component set.
- Prepare & Configure workloads on modern Cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azure, …).
- Database design
- Implement new functionalities for both internal and external clients.
- Analyze challenges and perform technical cost/benefits analysis on different implementation avenues.
- Develop tests for key functionalities of the application to avoid regressions and to ensure sustainability and compounding of technical debt.
- Contribute to Open-Source Projects, Frameworks and Components managed by the organization or of interest to the larger product roadmap.
- Kubernetes Deployment Configuration & Orchestration.
- Consciously manage the balance between technical debt and client timelines in all technical decision-making.
Design & Communication
- Collaborate with internal and external clients to design, implement and come up with working solutions.
- Run design sprints with clients to design new features at the start of a sprint.
- Orchestrate introspection events with both internal and external clients.
- Present progress to clients
- Blog or hosts events to share some of the technical designs and solutions we (& you!) develop.
Technical Leadership and Client Support
- Ability to present advanced technical concepts in manners that clients and management can understand.
- Manage timelines as well as client and project budgets.
- Technical Leadership of projects and junior developers.
- Relevant University Degree with a strong emphasis on Mathematics, or equivalent by experience.
- Demonstrable, over 5 years experience with the following techniques and technologies:
- Functional Programming / Reactive Programming.
- Redux or similar data management approach (GraphQL / NgRx / …)
- Deep understanding of core computer science fundamentals i.e. SOLID Software Patterns, Base Algorithms & Data Structure and Application Architecture.
- Component-Based Frontend Design (Angular, React, Vue, …)
- Data Normalization & SQL Queries
- Cloud & Kubernetes
- Python, C#, and any functional languages are considered a strong plus.
- Proficient in at least one modern design spec such as Material Design, Semantic UI, etc.
- Ability to implement UI frameworks such as Angular Material, Bootstrap, etc.
Language-Agnostic Software Developer with a heavy bias towards profiles and past experience with FullStack Software Development.
The following experience are also considered a plus:
- Serverless Frameworks such as Firebase
- NoSQL- and graph-databases
- Machine Learning & Computer Vision
- Multi-Cloud Setups & Offline Storage
- Design (Illustration & Photoshop experience is a plus)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly both with internal and external clients.
- Ability to perform user tests and the empathy to move oneself into the shoes of the user.
- Ability to liaise and work with a team.
Training & Coaching skills especially on Technical aspects
- Ability to coach and train young professionals and to help plan and follow up on their work.
- Ability to lead by example when it comes to technical leadership and product design.
Professionalism & Cultural fit
- Ability to work in an agile organization.
- Proven experience with Design Thinking and Product Design.
- Ability to plan work and to report dully on progress.
- Responsive to both internal and external clients.
- Experience with start-up culture is a plus.
- Open to receiving & giving constructive feedback in the course of working with both internal and external clients.
If you can find yourself in the following traits, you will match in perfectly with our culture:
- You always aim to maximize people’s potential
- You act with empathy
- You strive to see the full picture
- You are creative & resourceful
- You think globally, yet learn and apply locally
- You share and collaborate
- You value honesty and integrity
- You are not afraid to take ownership
What we can offer
- We offer you a flexible and friendly work environment in which you have the opportunity to grow as you grow others through on-the-job experiential learning.
- We offer a competitive salary in line with industry and your experience to enable you to fully focus on your work, including benefits and bonus structure.
- We provide you with on-the-job knowledge and skills that are highly advanced and a personal ambitious training/certification plan to enable you to grow further in your career as you grow others.
- Finally, we offer you a unique opportunity to become part of a unique, highly skilled international network of software developers, designers, architects, and technical consultants
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending an email to [email protected] with the following details:
Cover Letter, clearly stating the position for which you are applying.
Three paragraph motivation statement indicating:
- Why you feel you meet the requirements?
- Why Elewa?
- Why the position for which you are applying?
- Current and expected salary?
- Any other additions relevant to the application?
An updated C.V. (with at least two referees)
- The deadline for application is the end of day Sunday, 24th October 2021.
- Elewa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and therefore we are committed to equal treatment of all.
- We do not charge/accept any amount, gift or security deposit from anyone at all points of our recruitment process.
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? . .