- Company: Deloitte Consulting
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Deloitte Consulting is a leading provider of innovative development solutions to U.S. and international donors, foundations, governments, and Fortune 500 companies. With member firm presence in more than 150 countries, we bring the power of a global firm and leverage our immense technical expertise and firm capabilities to bring integrated approaches to US Agency for International Development.
Our client, The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK), is responsible for formulating monetary policy to achieve and maintain price stability. The Central Bank also promotes financial stability; an effective and efficient payment, clearing and settlement system; formulates and implements foreign exchange policies; holds and manages foreign exchange reserves; issuing of currency; and is the banker for, adviser to and fiscal agent of the Government.
In line with its vision to be a World-Class Modern Central Bank reflected in its People, Systems and Processes, the Bank is looking to identify results driven, visionary, strategic thinking, experienced and highly qualified leaders with excellent credentials, proven experience, demonstrated capacity and know-how who will play a pivotal role in driving the Central Bank of Kenya Operations and Processes through Information Technology.
Reporting to the Head of Cyber Security (CISO), the Senior Manager Cyber security operations will be responsible for engineering, operations and lifecycle management of the Bank’s Cyber Security Infrastructure. The role holder will manage resources effectively to ensure the Bank has the right monitoring in place to detect attacks and quickly respond and contain any business or customer impact. The role holder will be responsible for the strategic vision, scoping of requirements, system design, implementation, incident response, budgetary control and adherence to any necessary protocols, regulations or legal cyber security requirements.
- Manage, implement and supervise the operations of the Cyber Defence Center and personnel supporting the monitoring of security events;
- Review, update and continuously improve the Cyber Defence Center processes and services;
- Oversee the day to day operations and maintenance of Cyber Security tools and services and ensure 99.999% uptime;
- Coordinate activities geared towards troubleshooting and remediating Level two/ Level three issues impacting Cyber Security operations;
- Liaise with other business leads and participate in project meetings and contribute to design reviews from high level application architecture to configuration of OS level parameters to meet security goals;
- Serve as the primary point of contact & escalation point for security administration tasks and coordinate provision, installation and troubleshooting; and
- Lead efforts in documenting & reviewing changes, operationalizing and troubleshooting of cyber security platforms and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Technology or a similar field.
- At least two (2) professional information security qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA and cyber security related certifications.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in an IT environment, five (5) years of which should be in a senior leadership position, with at least eight (8) years of focused Cyber Security and hands-on experience in Security Architecture Design, Delivery and Operations.
- Hands-on experience in the design, build, delivery and operational management of a Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Practical knowledge in Software, Hardware, Systems Administration, Network Technology, Telecommunications, Project Management and Finance.
- Be an expert in information Security management systems: ISO 27001 Lead Implementor/Auditor.
- IT or Service management certification such as ITIL Service Management, ISO Lead Implementer (2000/22301), CGEIT, or COBIT.
- Strong leadership and management capabilities to inspire and coach employees.
- Certification in Prince 2, MSP and PMP will be an added advantage.
- Advance Networking Security experience such as CCNP Security or higher would be desirable.
If you believe you meet the role specifications for any of the above role or roles , please submit your application or applications, including: authentic certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, your curriculum vitae, details of the current position, current remuneration, as well as email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity.