- Company: ABNO Softwares International
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
We are known for providing unique custom software solutions you cannot find easily on the market.ABNO Softwares International is firm based in Kenya; one stop shop for all custom software solutions, web design and ICT consultancy. We provide state-of-the-art solutions for institutions, organizations and corporations with exemplary support services.
Senior Software Engineer will develop information systems by studying operations; designing, developing and installing software solutions; support and develop software team. The Senior Software Engineer will lead a team of developers responsible for building new and support existing websites.Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. The position reports directly to the Software Development Manager.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open source
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
- Write scalable, robust, automatable, efficient and maintainable code.
- Build frameworks that helps to scale the platform and REST APIs for developer consumption.
- Play a key role in design and architecture decisions towards building a scalable, micro- services-based platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a related discipline) as well as work experience of 4+ years
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, storage technologies, distributed computing, operating systems, etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable solutions in a large-scale distributed environment.
- Robust and defensive coding skills using PHP or any other Object Oriented Programming Language.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS and any other NoSQL database technologies (Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, Dynamo etc.) .
- Experience with building self-healing, automatic fault detection and recovery mechanisms is good to have.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.