- Company: ICEA Lion Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
As one of the largest insurers and financial services companies in East Africa, we have decades of experience in helping discerning individuals protect and create their wealth. But that’s not all. We also keep an eye firmly on the future, using innovation to craft financial products and services that we know you need in today’s constantly changing world. By trusting us with your wealth, you can shape a secure financial landscape for yourself and get the financial freedom you really deserve.
As a Senior Software Engineer- Integration Services, you will work in a team that owns the design, development, and deployment of high impact business-critical digital platforms and solutions. The candidate should be a distributed systems engineering generalist, able to architect broad systems interactions while being very hands- on, able to dive deep into any part of the stack, and lower-level system interactions. He/she should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn. Software solutions you build must meet internal quality standards and deliver the business metrics for which it was designed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of scalable complex distributed systems for both on-premise and cloud environments.
- Design microservices and other service elements to fulfill business requirements on assigned projects.
- Build configuration and deployment assets required to deploy and run the distributed applications.
- Specify, design, and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to align to evolving business or technological dynamics.
- Assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging, or designing of software applications or operating software applications.
- Provide technical leadership to other software developers.
- Undertake other duties and tasks that are varied and complex in nature and that need sound professional engineering judgment and informed risk-taking
- 5+ years of experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available, distributed web-based applications.
- Strong knowledge of Angular, NodeJS and the Express Framework.
- Strong knowledge of Java and the Spring framework.
- Strong knowledge of standard and emerging integration standards especially SOAP, REST GraphQL, Message.
- Queuing Protocols such as JMS and AMQP.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems
- Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS) and standard network architecture components such as load.
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Experience writing software using automated testing practices such as BDD, TDD, unit, and integration testing.
- Strong command of version control usage with proper Git flow usage.
- Experience working with CI and CD.
- Deep experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure.
- Experience working and designing architectures using the Istio service mesh or equivalent technologies.
- Experience working with common code generation frameworks.
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL databases.
- Strong knowledge of complex software architectural drawing and modeling using tools such as Draw.IO.
- A reputable certification systems architecture or a closely related professional qualification is a plus but not mandatory.
- Diploma or higher national diploma in Computer Science, IT, electronic engineering, Software Development, or related qualification or equivalent professional experience.
- The candidate will need to have strong soft skills to communicate and work well with several cross-functional teams in fulfilling the business needs.
- Decision making, succeeding in this role requires both a can-do and risk-taking attitude.