- Company: KCB Bank Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan.
The Senior Software Quality Engineer is responsible for architecting new automated test strategies and frameworks, in addition to creating, implementing and automating testing in support of software test requirements. The Senior Software Quality Engineer works with QA Analysts to develop, maintain, and enhance the test automation framework and automation infrastructure.
- Test strategy formulation which includes decomposing the business and technical requirements into test scenarios, defining test data requirements, managing test case creation, devising contingencies plans and other testing preparation activities.
- Lead formal reviews of test plans, designs, and requirements documents with cross-functional teams.
- Accurately predict the amount of effort required for projects QA activities and tasks.
- Develops plans and schedules based on these predictions.
- Implement Test Automation leveraging test automation frameworks.
- Executes and reports on planned tests, report and manage defects, regress software fixes for new and existing products, assist development with replicating and debugging problems and develop new test automation solutions as needed.
- Coach and mentor QA Analysts in modern approaches for execution of testing efforts
- Architect, implement and manage automated suites of black-box and white-box test scripts.
- Research, Develop and/or Recommend tools to assist QA Analysts in test planning, execution, and reporting.
- Utilize tools such as code coverage tools to assess the coverage of test suites and make recommendations for additional test cases.
- Lead monitoring of test execution across multiple code branches and multiple platforms and performing code reviews.
- Management and maintenance of Test Environments.
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field of study.
- ITIL Foundation/ ISTQB / ISTQB Agile Tester Certification / Certified Test Engineer (CSTE) / Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) / Certified Associate in Software Testing (CAST) / CMSQ (Certified Manager of Software Quality) is required.
- Certification in PRINCE II (Practitioner) / AgilePM / PMI-ACP / Certified Agile Project Manager (IAPM) / Certified Scrum Master (CSM) will be added advantage.
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in software development with at least 3 years in test automation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.