Software / Prototype Developer Job, IT Kenya Jobs 2021,
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The incumbent will actively contribute to the overall goal of enabling building technology solutions that are user-centric and based on human-centered design.
Working collaboratively with a team of User Experience Designers (UX), Project Managers, platform owners and external actors, you will develop Web and Mobile applications, different levels of fidelity prototypes in support to project teams across the ICRC in enabling a human-centered design approach for both digital and non-digital projects.
Additionally, you will support ICT teams and field experts in identifying user needs, understanding business requirements, and ensuring collaboration over departments to build user-centric solutions to complex problems.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and document Web and Mobile applications and prototypes, different levels of fidelity mock-ups for various types of products and services;
- Crafting accessible, intuitive digital products and services by clearly understanding the business needs, the user needs and the technical feasibility;
- Conduct simple business analysis, planning and coordinate the time and resources to meet deadlines;
- Support a UX approach for the various types of projects, integrated with the business analysis approach & change management strategy;
- Participate in the design process as a consultant on possibilities, takes the design that is created by the UX
- Designer as an input, understand it, know enough to appreciate it, work through the constraints and execute the design vision into engineered reality;
- Support design thinking workshops, interviews and other collection methods such as surveys;
- Ensure a good understanding of the users and their context of use: identify the personas, their needs, motivations, preferences and working conditions;
- Gather partner requirements using techniques to break down barriers, communicate better and generate new insights;
- Plan and lead user research with methodologies including user tests, in-depth interviews, focus groups, ethnographic field studies and surveys;
- Apply the insights from user testing to make concrete product and feature decisions with the team;
- Support the design of digital products and services with the right mix of human-centered design processes and tools;
- Maintain a regular link with various internal and external partners: local software suppliers, ICT Project Managers, various ICT teams and Platforms owners (Web & Mob);
- Deliverables include: Planning, creation, development and testing of various fidelity level of prototypes to support ideation workshops and design sprints, qualitative design research and documentation, market research and benchmarking of other products/services, competitive analysis report, Personas, user journeys & user flows, sitemap & Information architecture (sometimes hand in hand with BA), UX Wireframes and low fidelity mock-ups, Interactive, low/high fidelity prototypes to test with users.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, Computer Science or professional Diploma in software development, digital design/visual communication, computer interactions;
- 8 -10 years’ experience working as a Software engineer or UI Developer;
- Proven Mobile and Web know-how (HTML, CSS, JS, etc);
- Knowledge of Software Design (Client-Server Architecture, API, etc);
- Knowledge and experience in Low Code platforms (Out systems, PowerApps, etc) is a plus;
- Demonstrable experience in translating creative software design concepts and ideas into reality using front end technology;
- Specialist in understanding the user interface design solution both in its practical intent and creative vision and convert it into engineered software’s;
- Experience with user research methodologies;
- Experience with agile project methodologies;
- Experience running design sprints and design thinking workshops;
- Confirmed expertise in creating low and high-fidelity prototypes as well as designs for development handover;
- Knowledgeable in creating UX work for partners and teams with different hierarchies;
- Proven expertise in performing usability testing sessions and using the insights to make product decisions;
- Agile certification, project management, or business analysis certification is a plus;
- Validated experience working with global teams in a large organization or on global products;
- Certificate of good conduct.
The interested candidates should submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
E-mail: [email protected]
Deadline 03rd September 2021 at 4:30 pmN.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Register Your CV With Us. . It's Free.
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? The Secret Is To Learn New Skills . .