- Company: Absa Bank Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Business DevelopmentBusiness/Administration Jobs in Kenya
Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance.
Accountability: Service Availability
- The prime responsibility is for maintaining 99.9% availability and reliability of Network, Computing, storage, backup, and print platforms that support business critical financial services for the Bank and ensure that IT can effectively meet service targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring 99.99% uptime of Network, Computing, storage, backup, and print platforms.
- Manage changes impacting the team, effectively minimizing risk and exposure.
- Maintain regular contact with stakeholders during incident and problem resolution
- Promote and develop both tactical and strategic ways to drive productivity and efficiency within the core responsibility areas.
- Understand our customers’ needs and pursue the success of our clients, enabling effortless delivery
- Able to interpret global market trends, enabling a competitive edge to drive innovation.
- Stay abreast of industry and operational trends and role players and ensure that the department is well positioned to provide competitive and industry leading services.
- Analyze effectiveness of processes, systems and technologies used in the department and make recommendations for improvements.
- Review performance of the area/unit against balanced scorecard components as prescribed by the Executive, discuss gaps and agree action plans to close gaps.
- Benchmark productivity of the department against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity.
- Hands-on technical depth enables direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational troubleshooting
- Ensure proper monitoring of all IS devices and services.
Accountability: Business and cost management
- Liaise with CIO to lead the technology infrastructure strategy and execution for the enterprise.
- Conduct product and vendor evaluations ensuring best in class technologies and partners
- Planning, project management and implementation leadership, identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement.
- Work closely with and manage strategic vendor partner relationships. Setup and run the Governance with the partners. Build strategic relationships for creating value for the organization.
- Participate in the formulation of the company’s enterprise architecture and business system plans; assessing cost and feasibility, and ensuring the plan is aligned with and supports the
- strategic goals of the business.
- Approve re-allocation of resources between different areas e.g. allocate headcount or budgets within overall approved resources for the year.
- Contribute to the development of strategy for the next 2-3 years by providing a view on potential improvements for products or services and an assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes in the environment.
- Investigate effectiveness of processes and systems in use and make alterations where required while ensuring adherence to global governance requirements.
- Agree and manage service offerings and Service Level Agreements in conjunction with internal customers (agree annually and measure monthly).
- Translate business strategy into meaningful operational targets and strategic focus areas for the business unit undermanagement. Ensure that the focus areas are disseminated to all levels in the business unit.
- Action integration of internal supply chain for the business unit. Work with seniors in those areas to improve service delivery for the business unit and ensure maximum utilization of shared services.
Accountability: Risk Management
- Ensure that all Networking, computing, storage, backup, and printers are fully cyber compliant.
- Review and provide inputs to Control Self Assessments (CSA) and Risk and Control Assessments (RCA’s) in the infrastructure services teams. Complete attestations to testify to the adequacy of controls on request.
- Review the Business Continuity Management (BCM) plan prepared for all processes for adequacy. Ensure required tests of the plan are executed and that all test failures are addressed.
- Build relationship with country Technology Risk and Compliance team and provide support wherever required.
- Ensure that processes and controls are executed in daily work and understand the reasons for the controls and the consequences for failing to adhere to prescribed processes.
- Coach the team members on areas for improvement and highlight major failures to the manager of the area
- Facilitate the providence of evidence/supporting documents to auditors or management assurance consultants during formal reviews
- Make team members aware of all changes to policies, processes and procedures that are being planned for the area and ensure that they are able to incorporate the changes on the effective date.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
- Devise and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for Operations & IT and achieve audit and assurance targets.
- Action, drive and implement Disaster Recovery (DR) for all aspects to ensure ongoing production and quick turnaround times in cases where there are system down times e.g., Severity 1 and Severity 2 etc
Accountability: People Management
- Provide continuous people development and mentoring activities to managers and team professionals to achieve excellent business results.
- Action and drive people management strategy with HR Business Partners (HRBP) for IS with a focus on talent management, recruitment attraction, resourcing, development, and retention.
- Ensure the development of a high-performing team through embedding formal performance management (PM) and informal strengths-based coaching.
- Monitor and maintain a succession plan for key roles using the formal Talent Management process for identified talent and approve succession plans for remaining roles.
- Create effective workforce plans and recruitment demand plans for their areas. Approve leave requests for direct reports and ensure that they manage the leave planning for their teams effectively.
- Ensure employees in the country are motivated and their efforts are recognized and rewarded.
Education and experience required
- Master’s Degree
- An appropriate university degree, with preference for a B Sc., B Sc (Eng), BSc (Computers/IT)
- Project management and Financial Management experience.
- 10+ years’ total experience, including 5+ years in a production 24/7 high-availability multi-site enterprise environment, including application hosting, voice and data networks, security and information protection
- Proven ability to interpret strategy and execute effectively
- Proven experience in managing and delivering on a complex business project portfolio
- Exposure to ITIL concepts and adoption.
- Good understanding of Server & desktop hardware/ operating systems, networks, firewalls and load balancers, telecoms, etc.
- Experience with regulatory compliance issues, as well best practices in application and network Security.
Knowledge and skills: (Maximum of 6)
- Leadership capability
- Change management
- Project management
- Financial management
- Risk management
- Commercial awareness
Competencies: (Maximum of 8 competencies)
- Deciding and initiating action
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Creating and innovating
- Leading and supervising
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Applying expertise and technology
Bachelor’s Degree: Information Technology (Required), Master’s Degree: Computer and Information Science