Senior User Experience Designer Job, Latest Graphic Design Job Vacancies In Kenya,
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The User Experience Designer is responsible to support project teams across the ICRC in enabling a human-centered design approach for both digital and non-digital projects.
Support ICT teams and field professionals in identifying user needs, understanding business requirements, and ensuring teamwork over departments to build user-centric solutions to complex problems.
S/he will lead teams and projects through the discovery, define, design, and deliver phases in the design process and support them from ideation, over prototyping, and testing until the implementation phase. This is a Kenya National Position.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Defining a User Experience approach for the various types of projects, integrated with the business analysis approach & change management strategy;
- Planning and leading workshops, interviews and other collection methods such as surveys;
- Ensuring a good understanding of the users and their context of use: identify the personas, their needs, motivations, preferences and working conditions;
- Gathering stakeholder requirements using techniques to break down barriers, communicate better and generate new insights;
- Planning and leading user research with methodologies including user tests, in-depth interviews, focus groups, ethnographic field studies and surveys;
- Facilitating ideation workshops with cross-disciplinary teams to translate research findings into product visions and design strategies;
- Applying the insights from user testing to make concrete product and feature decisions with the team;
- Creating low fidelity mock-ups for different types of products and services;
- Supporting the design of digital products and services with the right mix of human-centered design processes and tools;
- Crafting accessible, intuitive digital products and services by clearly understanding the business needs, the user needs and the technical feasibility;
- Deliverables include: facilitation of ideation workshops and design sprints, qualitative design research and documentation, market research and benchmarking of other products/services, competitive analysis report, Personas, user journeys & user flows, sitemap & Information architecture (sometimes hand in hand with BA), UX Wireframes and low fidelity mockups, Interactive, low fidelity prototypes to test with users (digital & analogue), Documentation of user insights for product decisions, Usage analytics reports.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- University degree in multimedia, graphic design or communication, Computer Science) or professional diploma in digital design/visual communication, human factors, computer interaction, behavioural psychology;
- Certification in Design, User Experience Design or similar;
- 8 -10 years professional experience in the field of Design, including 5-7 in UX Design role;
- Experience in facilitating high-level interactive workshops;
- Experience with user research and agile project methodologies;
- Experience running design sprints and design thinking workshops;
- Experience in creating low and high-fidelity prototypes;
- Experience with creating product/service strategies and product visions;
- Experience performing usability testing sessions and using the insights to make product decisions;
- Experience building and scaling a design system from scratch;
- Agile certification, project management, or business analysis certification is a plus;
- Proven experience working with global teams in a large organization or on global products;
- Certificate of good conduct.
How To Apply
The interested candidates should submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
– E-mail: [email protected]
Deadline 03rd September 2021 at 4:30 pmN.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Register Your CV With Us. . It's Free.
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? The Secret Is To Learn New Skills . .