Accountant I Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Kabete National Polytechnic Jobs
Job Group K
This position is responsible for co-ordination of revenue, management and reconciliation accounting to ensure the delivery of quality and timely accounting services.
- Verify vouchers and committal documents in accordance to the set requirements and guidelines to ensure compliance.
- Capture data and posting to primary record books/document i.e. cash books and ledger.
- Prepare information to banks on all the institution’s payments to ensure the banks discharge funds as appropriate to correct bank account.
- Account for all expenditure and ensure that it is within the policies and procedures of the institution to provide transparency and integrity in the process.
- Prepare information on payment claims to ensure approval is supported by relevant documentation to enhance integrity, efficiency and effectiveness in the payment process.
- Provide reports on the Polytechnic’s budget performance to ensure gaps in performance are identified and appropriate strategies developed and implemented in a proactive manner.
- Produce periodic cash flow and forecasting reports to advice on the availability of funds critical for the implementation of the Polytechnic budget
- Prepare accurate year-end financial statements to assist with the preparation of financial statements, and with planning for resources.
- Process payment in a timely manner and in line with the Polytechnic’s policies and procedures, to ensure minimal disruptions of its operations due to non-payment.
- Monitor the Polytechnic’s payments and receipts on a day to day basis.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance /Accounting Option
- CPA (K)
- Served in a similar for at least 3 years
- Minimum grade of B plain in KCSE
- Relevant computer packages
- ICPAK membership
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
How To Apply
All Applications should include a cover letter, CV, Copies Certificates and Testimonials to be addressed to:
The Chief Principal,
Kabete National Polytechnic,
P.O. BOX 29010-00625,
All applications should be received by 11th June 2019.
KNP is an equal opportunity employer, women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.