- Company: Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited is incorporated in Kenya under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was initially registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965. This status was retained up to and until June 27th 2008 when the Bank’s Special General Meeting resolved to incorporate under the Companies Act with a view to complying with the requirements for listing on the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE)
Our client, a medium sized, licensed deposit-taking SACCO based in Central Kenya with 7 branches is seeking to fill a vacant position of Assistant Internal Auditor.
Reporting to the Internal Auditor, the job requirements are:
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Determine internal audit scope, develop annual plans, document process and prepare audit findings report
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Undertaking regular transaction and systems review to confirm that internal control systems are in place and are working
- Undertaking investigate audits on request
- Obtaining, analyzing and evaluating accounting documentation, reports and data
- Prepare audit reports that reflect audit’s results and document process on a monthly basis
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- CPA (K)
- Degree in any of the following: Accounting, Finance, Commerce , Computer Science
- CISA Certification a must.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong comprehension of ICT system and technologies.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills and ability to handle a range of systems.
- Ability to monitor ICT & Audit Policies, Standards and Procedures.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Unquestionable Integrity and strong ethical standards