- Company: Equity Bank Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population.
The Assistant Relationship Manager – Credit shall, primarily, be responsible for conducting detailed analysis on the credit worthiness of a borrower and making a credit recommendation on whether the application should be approved or declined.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Responsible for analysing domestic and foreign financial documentats, completion of due dilidence activities, negotiating loan structures , identifying, mitigating and properly documenting risks and credit exceptions and recommending risk ratings and exposure strategues via preparation of credit proposals.
- Present credit proposals to credit committees when called upon to do so.
- Manage individual pipeline from loan application to booking. This includes partnering with other lines of business to support timely delivery of the entire credit process.
- Prepare interim and annual reviews and test covenants for large exposure accounts and communicate material changes to the relevant credit committees.
- Pre-flight complex transactions to promote a smooth beginning-to-end transaction. This includes engaging with the customer to understand their credit needs and making recommendations for the appropriate loan structure and required appraisal documents.
- Participate in loan book growth activities.
- Train other staff members and provide support when necessary.
- Participate in the department’s team building activities.
- Experience in engaging senior executives in facilitating decision-making and reporting is required.
- A minimum of three years’ of SME credit experience is required
- possession of International Credit experience is an added advantage
- Strong financial, accounting, and credit skills is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution is required with post graduate training in financial services as an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of overall banking operations , credit policies, processes and procedures is required.
Competencies / Attributes / Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to collaborate with geographically diverse teams
- Ability to coach, mentor, train and transfer skills to others.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build business partnerships with teams who may not be co-located