Our client, a medium sized, licensed deposit-taking SACCO based in Central Kenya with 7 branches is seeking to fill a vacant position of Assistant Internal Auditor .
Reporting to the Internal Auditor, the job requirements are:
Key Roles & Responsibilities
· Determine internal audit scope, develop annual plans, document process and prepare audit findings report
· Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
· Undertaking regular transaction and systems review to confirm that internal control systems are in place and are working
· Undertaking investigate audits on request
· Obtaining, analyzing and evaluating accounting documentation, reports and data
· Prepare audit reports that reflect audit’s results and document process on a monthly basis
· Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
· Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
· Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
· Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
· Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
· CPA (K)
· Degree in any of the following: Accounting, Finance, Commerce , Computer Science
· CISA Certification a must.
· Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
· At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
· Strong comprehension of ICT system and technologies.
· Good analytical and problem solving skills and ability to handle a range of systems.
· Ability to monitor ICT & Audit Policies, Standards and Procedures.
· Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines
· Unquestionable Integrity and strong ethical standards
How to Apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 – 23:59