Jumia is Africa’s leading internet company, with over 4,000 employees in 14 African countries. We have built winning businesses such as Jumia, Jumia Food, Jumia Travel, Jumia Pay and Jumia Services. It is led by talented leaders with a mix of local and international experience and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to change people’s lives through the internet. We do this by building marketplaces that save customers money and time and create opportunities for vendors, and our other partners. At Jumia Ecommerce, we are building the largest & most loved shopping destination for Africans.
Africa is home to the fastest growing economies in the world, offering huge opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. This growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia plays its role.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for building businesses and for Africa, to join our team and embark on this exciting journey.
The Role In Brief
This is a critical role that will work hand in hand with the COO Jumia Digital and Financial Services
This person will perform a variety of activities associated with one or more projects consisting of the review of operations, the strategy of the venture as well as the development of procedures & processes to be used by various teams and countries (such as Finance, Customer Service, risk management or product team, both at the local and central level).
The main challenges are described as below:
- Review / analyze a variety of data, documents, and reports, particularly as it relates to the unite economics of each new line of service being launched, identify areas of financial efficiency and optimize the bottom line.
- Prepare specifications & related documents in accordance with requirements, established formats, and general instructions in order to ensure new countries being launched follow proper protocols and SOPs
- Manage specific projects with autonomy and proactivity where directed, in particular as it relates to the launch of new countries and creating, updating, maintaining an up-to-date PMO of each project
- Review and coordinate flow of information among various groups and customers, implement corrective actions measures to resolve problems (and to avoid recurrences and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Work hand in hand with the COO to identify new routines, put them in place and ensure compliance from local teams is followed regarding reporting and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- Big4 or management consulting experience
- ACCA and/or CFA preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills are required
- This role also requires both technical and business skills to evaluate & solve problems, and to cost-effectively meet tight schedules while ensuring adherence to Company objectives.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce giant
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures