Job Title: Service Operations Senior Specialist (L2) Engineer
Cellulant is the leading one-stop digital payments company in Africa operating in 10 markets i.e. Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Mozambique: providing the glue connecting everyone to everything, every day.
To do this we are looking for qualified, passionate, dynamic, and vibrant people to drive our strategy and agenda.
Job Summary: This is a role in technology that forms the basis of one point of contact for all SLA customers. It involves continuously seeking solutions for current issues, proactively improving processes and tools while building people’s technical capacity to deliver on the team’s goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Incident management: Fast and accurate detection and troubleshooting of issues to meet customer SLA
- Accurate ticketing for all issues while ensuring timely and proper communication to all stakeholders at all times.
- Timely escalation and follow through of support issues
- Monitoring and knowledge management efforts to aid in faster issue detection and diagnosis.
- Knowledge management for the support team through the identification of knowledge gaps.
- Contributing towards training and forums for team Knowledge sharing.
Qualifications for the role
- At least 2 years’ experience working within a busy IT Service operations/Desk environment.
- Proficiency in Linux, MySQL is mandatory.
- Working knowledge of databases, networks and security standards and application development is a clear advantage.
- Deep experience of common service desk and monitoring tools such as Nagios, Cacti, Newrelic, Zabbix or equivalent.
- Ability to win in a highly collaborative environment.
- Working knowledge of Information Service Management industry standards such as ISO 20000, ITILv3/4
- BS in Computer Science or related industry/field or equivalent experience (IT, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Information Systems, telecommunications).
- Certification ITIL v3/4 will be an added advantage.
How you will be measured:
- Prompt detection of the support issues.
- Quick and accurate troubleshooting and diagnosis of issues.
- Timely ticket resolution and closure within SLA.
- Adequate relevant knowledge in delivering service.
- Accurate assignment and escalation of service issues
How to Apply
Send your CV in PDF, email subject: Service Operations Senior Specialist (L2) Engineer to [email protected] by 1st of April 2021
Hiring will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.