Job Title: Service Operations Shift Lead
Cellulant is the leading one-stop digital payments company in Africa operating in 10 markets i.e. Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Mozambique: providing the glue connecting everyone to everything, every day.
To do this we are looking for qualified, passionate, dynamic, and vibrant people to drive our strategy and agenda.
Job Summary: This is a role in technology where the holder will be responsible to lead and drive activities guided by key processes in order to meet and maintain service levels and improve customer delight: Incident management, issue detection, monitoring and knowledge management efforts to aid in faster issue detection and diagnosis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the performance of services to clients as per agreed contract and ensure that unplanned downtimes are eliminated and/or their impact reduced.
- Incident management: Fast and accurate detection and troubleshooting of issues to meet customer SLA.
- Accurate ticketing for all issues while ensuring timely and proper communication to all stakeholders at all times.
- Timely escalation and follow through of support issues.
- Monitoring and knowledge management efforts to aid in faster issue detection and diagnosis.
- Knowledge management for the support team through the identification of knowledge gaps.
- Contributing towards training and forums for team Knowledge sharing.
- Training of new employees.
Qualifications for the role
- At least 3 years’ experience working within a busy IT Service operations/Desk environment.
- Proficiency in Linux, MySQL is mandatory.
- Working knowledge of databases, networks and security standards and application development is a clear advantage.
- Deep experience of common service desk and monitoring tools such as Nagios, Cacti, Newrelic, Zabbix or equivalent.
- Experience with automated systems, scripting, software development disciplines like python, php, Puppet, Terraform, Ansible.
- Ability to win in a highly collaborative environment.
- Working knowledge of Information Service Management industry standards such as ISO 20000, ITILv3/4
- BS in Computer Science or related industry/field or equivalent experience (IT, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Information Systems, telecommunications).
- Certification ITIL v3/4 will be an added advantage.
How you will be measured:
- Act as incident commander for all major service interruptions.
- Prompt detection of all support issues.
- Quick and accurate troubleshooting and diagnosis of issues.
- Timely ticket resolution and closure within SLA.
- Adequate relevant knowledge in delivering service.
- Accurate assignment and escalation of service issues
- Attributes we are looking for:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to teach and mentor.
How to Apply
Send your CV in PDF, email subject: Service Operations Shift Lead to [email protected] by 1st of April 2021.
Hiring will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.