- Company: Black Pen Recruitment
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Accounting Jobs in KenyaFinance Jobs in Kenya
Black Pen Recruitment is South Africa’s #1 recruitment consulting firm specialized in BPO services, foreign language recruitment and staffing solutions and immigration services. With our outstanding experience in the BPO industry and our own in-house immigration division, we will find the right candidates for foreign language specialist positions as well as immigration solutions for foreign employees.
Are you an experienced CFO with insight into the world of Fintech? Passionate about crypto and the blockchain space?
Our client, an American-based company, is expanding globally by being one of the first movers to bring cryptocurrency to Africa and the Middle East at large. The mission is to make bitcoin/blockchain and other FinTech services more accessible, and affordable, than ever before. This dynamic company is looking to hire a CFO.
We’re looking for an experienced finance executive to join our client’s leadership team. We are looking for a business strategist with a financial planning & analysis background as well as the ability to build and lead our finance and accounting teams. You will be working with a diverse team based in over a dozen countries. You will not only lead the standard execution of finance and accounting functions but serve as a key business partner to inform decision-making and strategy at the micro and macro levels.
Job Type: Remote | Full-Time
Salary: Competitive plus equity
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
- 5+ Years of experience in a VP Finance or CFO role
- Experience with a venture-funded, high-growth technology startup
- Experience working in Africa
- Work experience or education in the United States and Africa
- Working knowledge of cryptocurrency
- Experience with transfer pricing
- Fundraising experience
- Outstanding financial acumen blended with business partnership and leadership skills
- Proven track record of financial performance and of being a strong business partner
- Exhibit outstanding critical thinking skills, including the ability to analyze data, identify trends, pinpoint problems and root causes, ask probing questions and develop innovative solutions
- Passion and proven ability to cultivate top talent and lead diverse, cross-departmental teams
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a team of professionals to meet the strategic business needs
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with leaders to develop and execute plans.
- Excellent communicator and change leader
- Advise the CEO
- Manage the company’s relationships with some of the world’s leading FinTech investors
- Continue to build out an internal and external finance and accounting team in Africa
- Improve and automate FP&A processes, as well as KPI and financial performance reporting against company targets and goals
- Assist with the design of internal processes, systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information
- Manage liquidity in both fiat currency and cryptocurrencies
- Oversee the production of accurate financial statements
- Make sure all financial data adheres to current tax laws and regulations
- Serve as the primary interface with our external auditor
- Maintain a strong financial control environment in compliance with all state and federal requirements
- Challenge the status quo with ideas to drive internal efficiencies and growth in revenue based upon solid data analysis