Job Title: Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Specialist
Company Profile: SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges.
Since our inception in 2010, we have grown into a fully-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
Background: To support USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) to advance what self-reliance means for Kenya and the broader region and to align programming toward promoting self-reliance outcomes, SoCha LLC implements a two-year mission support program (optional third year) to enable USAID to pivot into this journey to self-reliance (J2SR).
The Mission Support for the Journey to Self-Reliance Pivot (MSP) supports USAID/KEA to understand context, align programs, collect data, understand complexity, and apply learning to program adaptation.
Scope of Work:
As a member of the MSP Organizational Development team, the MSP Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Specialist will:
Coordinate and facilitate CLA discussions with DO/project teams
and other stakeholders for the development of the Mission’s CLA Plan (as part
of the Mission’s broader performance
management plan), pulling together inputs in order to prepare a draft for the Mission’s review
· Track progress on the CLA Plan and support its implementation
· Review Implementing Partner (IP) Activity CLA Plans at the request of USAID
· Lead CLA capacity building and training activities for Mission staff, IPs and other Mission stakeholders (e.g., local development organizations)
· Facilitate Pause & Reflect activities and After-Action Reviews (AARs)
· Work with USAID to coordinate the Mission’s CLA Champions group meetings and share new and timely CLA resources with them
· Lead on CLA Case Study development
· Work with MSP’s Performance Quality Improvement team to advise on Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning for Adaptive Management (MEL4AM) approaches
· Support exit interviews of departing Mission staff
· Support development of learning agendas, implementation of the learning activities included in the learning agendas (including learning events) and track progress
· Support data analysis on the CLA index and other OD-related activity MEL plan indicators
· Coordinate status updates on Mission Office goal progress
Deliverables for each multi-day
· Design and facilitation of CLA training
· Development of CLA agendas/strategies for USAID and implementing partners
· Facilitation support for the CLA Champions Group
· CLA Plan for the Mission PMP
· CLA Case Studies
· Support for high performing teams
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, communications, social sciences, or a related field. Master’s is preferred.
At least five years of experience with CLA, organizational
learning, change management, monitoring and evaluation, communications and/or
knowledge management in the international
· Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches and operations, particularly as they relate to the Program Cycle and CLA’s role in it.
Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with local
professionals, international donor organizations, civil society and private
sector, host country government counterparts, and other
implementing partners in developing countries.
· Experience designing and delivering learning events.
· Experience with designing and facilitating meetings and trainings.
· Must be a legal resident of Kenya.
· Excellent communication skills and strong proficiency in written and spoken English.
LOE or Contract Length: The CLA Specialist is a full-time position and is expected to start working in January 2021 for a period of approximately 10 months through Mid October 2021. There is also potential for a 1-year extension if USAID exercises the third option year on the MSP contract.
How to Apply:
Applications closes on the 15th January 2021
For any other queries please email us at: [email protected]