DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Water Sector Trust Fund
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
Water Sector Trust Fund (WSTF) is the Kenyan State Corporation mandated to finance water and sanitation services for the poor and underserved communities in rural and urban areas. In the Water Act, 2016, the mandate of the Fund is to provide conditional and unconditional grants to the Counties and to assist in financing the development of and management of water services in the rural and urban marginalised and underserved areas.
To augment the capacity of the Counties and the implementing partners, the Fund seeks to recruit County Based Resident Engineers (RE) to support the following Counties: Nandi, Tharaka Nithi, Narok, Marsabit, Isiolo, Tana River, Garissa, Lamu, Mandera, Wajir, Taita-Taveta, West Pokot, Kilifi, Kajiado, Samburu, Baringo and Kitui on a contractual basis.
The Purpose of the Job
The main role of the RE is to ensure that the WSTF-funded projects achieve their objective of increasing access to quality water and sanitation to the target beneficiaries. The specific objective of the assignment is to ensure the specified project and programme outputs are achieved within set timelines, budgets (as specified in the Funding Contract) and as per the value and quality specified. The RE will ensure efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability and relevance in the delivery of the specific assigned projects.
The RE will work closely with and report on the first instance to the County Resident Monitor in accordance to an agreed framework, well defined to support technical issues related to all WSTF projects in the County. The RE will work closely with the County Government and WSTF implementing partners (IPs) to ensure that the specific project milestones are achieved.
Required Qualifications and Experience
The County Resident Engineers should meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of university degree from a recognised university in Civil, Water and Agricultural Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience as Project Engineer
- Proven experience in having worked in donor supported programmes
- Proven experience in WASH project cycle management
- Experience in preparation of FIDIC contracts and familiarity of Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015
- Proven knowledge of project sustainability and operations requirement
Other skills required:
- Computer Literacy – Proficiency in Microsoft Office (advanced level knowledge), Design Software e.g. CAD,GIS and Android data collection applications
- Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation processes and tools
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Interpersonal, cross-cultural sensitivity and communication skills
- Good knowledge of County Government operations and functions
- Experience in Integrated Water Resources Management and community development is an asset.
The position shall be contracted for a period of one (1) year (renewable) subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable qualified candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution and should submit their applications with the job title clearly marked on the envelope to the address below. The candidates can also submit applications on-line using the email stated below and quoting “Chief Manager, Finance and Accounts and Manager Supply Chain and Procurement” as the email subject. Interested candidates may obtain further information from the WSTF website (www.waterfund.go.ke). The application should include a cover letter demonstrating why you are the best suited candidate, curriculum vitae, copies of your academic/professional certificates and other testimonials. One should also include details of telephone contacts, email address, current position, expected remuneration and three (3) referees including one academic and two professional referees.
Chief Executive Officer, Water Sector Trust Fund, 1st Floor, CIC Plaza I, Mara Road, Upper Hill, P O Box 49699 – 00100, Nairobi.