Credit Officer Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Finance Jobs, Jobs in Mombasa, KUSCCO Jobs
Job Reference No.CO/26/04/2019
Closing Date: 10th May 2019
Type of engagement: 3 years contract renewable
Reporting to the Credit Manager , the main functions of the Credit Officer will entail;
- Ensure that the credit/loan is strictly adhered to in loan processing.
- Perform appraisal of loans and work out members’ entitlement and amount granted.
- Recommend loan application to be forwarded to credit committee for approval.
- Reject loans and explain reasons for the same for ratification by the credit committee.
- Responsible for the preparation of files for the credit manager to present to the credit committee meeting.
- Attend to members queries as concerns loans applications.
- Advice management through the Credit manager on demands for loans.
- Assist the credit committee in developing sound credit policies.
- Ensure that members whose applications have been deferred or rejected from loan office for not conforming to the loans policy are promptly advised.
- Ensures that all members’ correspondences on loans, withdrawals and membership are promptly attended to.
- Growing non-withdrawable deposits/savings.
- Maintaining loan register.
- Maintaining guarantors’ records.
- Ensure efficient and prompt recovery of loans disbursed and interest accrued.
- Maintaining confidentiality of members’ loan information.
- Drafting demand notices to loan defaulters.
- Preparation of monthly insurance premium schedule for submission to the insurance company.
- Preparation and generation of loan schedules and statements.
- Preparing monthly reports for the Board.
- Ensuring that all loans comply with lending regulations and policies of the Society; and
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A Business related degree or its equivalent from a recognized university and CPA 2 or its equivalent or CPA 2 and has satisfactorily served as a credit Officer in the Society or a comparable position with similar responsibilities in a Sacco or in a similar organization.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- A diploma in Cooperative Management will be an added advantage.
- Have demonstrated high financial management capability and investment.
- Have good knowledge of information Technology.
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Judgment and decision-making ability.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact.
- Problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people.
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret financial statements.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online following the two (2) step procedure below;
By filling in the data form from the link https://forms.gle/NgXkCBswDkdAYfNK8
Followed by Sending an Application Letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to email@example.com
Applications close on 10 th May 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.