- Company: M-KOPA Solar
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Kenya
MISSION M-KOPA’s mission is to make high quality energy affordable to everyone. OUR GROWTH SO FAR… M-KOPA has connected more than 400,000 homes in Kenya,Tanzania and Uganda to solar power with over 550 new homes being added every day. Each 8W battery powered-system comes with three lights, mobile phone-charging and a solar powered radio. Customers can now opt for a 20W system with digital TV. As of July 2016, M-KOPA has connected over 400,000 homes to affordable solar power. Current customers will make projected savings of US$ 300 Million over the next four years. M-KOPA’s customers will enjoy 50 million hours of kerosene-free lighting per month. Total employment created in East Africa is 2,500. In March 2016, M-KOPA emerged boldest at Financial Times Arcelor Mittal- Boldness in Business Awards in the Developing Markets category.
- Respond to customer queries on calls both inbound, outbound and on tasks.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution
- Keep records of customer interactions, and provide accurate, valid, and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
- Ability to work from home independently and be able to do basic troubleshooting of own internet connectivity and tools
- Basic know how on how to connect remotely to online meeting channels using tools such as Teams, Zoom, Skype etc
- High level of discipline and time management
- Pro-active in seeking help from team leader to address any challenges
- Ability to multitask and ensure that key deliverables are not compromised by the work from home environment
Experience/Skills & Competencies/Education Required
Successful candidate must demonstrate a customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters. Specific Qualifications includes:
- At least a College Diploma
- At least 1-year in the Customer Service department
- Have access to and ability to use Microsoft tools such as Teams, Excel, Word etc
- Computer literate
- Analytical skills are an added advantage