Our client, a leading law firm in Mombasa is looking to recruit for a Debt Recoveries Officer .
- Offering personalized services of debt collection on behalf of the Clients.
- A Degree or Diploma in a business-related field from a recognized institution. A Degree in Law will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in debt collection gained from a banking environment or any other financial Institution.
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements and processes in the banking environment or any other financial institution
- Timely opening file, scanning and saving the same on the soft copy folder;
- Timely acknowledging of instructions;
- Preparing the demand letter and ensuring a copy is sent to the instructing client;
- Pursue the debtors for payment;
- Liaising with other professional’s example auctioneers and valuers in order to actualize clients’ instructions.
- Ensuring all documents, correspondences and emails are properly filed in the server at all times and consistently updated in line with the firm’s policy;
- Advising and updating the Clients on all material developments in their matter on a regular basis.
- Ensuring that all files under your care are neatly arranged and records promptly updated including emails and call logs;
- Attending to all status review meetings with the Supervisor at the Departmental level as scheduled and well prepared.
- Timely and accurate preparation of status reports for the Recoveries Manager.
- Collecting fees by preparing weekly/ monthly collection target list for follow up by the Recoveries Manager.
- Reviewing monthly billings and collections and ensuring that the set monthly targets are achieved.
- Ensuring cost management on file to file basis in line with the Departmental targets
- Ability to maintain high sense of confidentiality.
- Excellent Negotiation and communication skills.
- Experience in working with targets and strict deadlines.
- Good planning, analytical and monitoring skills.
- Good teamwork
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 15 th February 2019. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer