DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Save the Children International
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
ROLE PURPOSE :
The Global Humanitarian Surge Platform (GHSP) operates on behalf of the members and SCI, and is dedicated to identifying, developing and deploying skilled and experienced surge staff from across the movement to meet the needs of our domestic and international responses. This helps to improve our response quality, timeliness, and effectiveness; ultimately, this will save the lives of children and their families. The platform is responsible for:
- Ensuring our humanitarian responses have access to suitably skilled and experienced staff they need to deliver a high quality and timely humanitarian response;
- Managing the end to end deployment process for all surge deployments;
- Identifying and developing future humanitarian surge staff to meet the needs of our responses;
- Identifying new and innovative ways to meet the surge needs of our responses.
- This role will be responsible and accountable for the provision of Deputy Team Leadership (Programmes) within the Global Humanitarian Surge Platform,
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
- Extensive experience of working within a senior management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
- Previous experience of managing programme teams in large-scale first phase emergency response is essential
- Previous experience of managing a large multi-sector, multi-national team
- Previous experience of programme management across multiple locations
- Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes (including ECHO, DFID and OFDA) of GBP 5 – 10m, preferably in insecure contexts
- Commitment to, thorough understanding of, and able to train staff in participation and accountability approaches
- Demonstrated ability to set up monitoring & evaluation systems in large complex programmes.
- Demonstrated ability to set up learning and development processes for a large team
- Proven ability of mentoring and coaching
- Experience of senior level representation
- Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Fluent in English and another language: either French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
- Security management experience across a large programme
- Specific experience of designing and managing consortia projects
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role can be based anywhere and is offered on the basis of compliance hiring.
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here