Director Finance & Accounts Jobs, Finance Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Kiambu County Assembly Jobs
The County Assembly Service Board seeks to recruit suitable candidates to fill the following job
1. DIRECTOR FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS (CAKSB 11)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Director Finance and Accounts in the County Assembly of Kiambu.
Provision of the Accounting and Finance services, including:
Provide leadership on the strategic and policy direction for the directorate in order to
ensure efficient service delivery and adherence to existing laws;
- supervise preparation of the Budget for the Assembly;
Offer advisory services to the board on the strategic direction in all matters relating to
finance and Accounting;
Supervise preparation of the quarterly and annual reports to ensure compliance with the
PFM Act 2012;
Review expenditures for the Assembly to ensure they are within the budget as required by
the PFM Act 2012;
Link the County Assembly with Treasury to ensure exchequer requests are met and
government financial policies are effectively implemented by the Assembly;
- Formulation, interpretation and application of Accounting and Finance policy, procedures, rules and regulations;
- Giving guidance and exercising control in all financial matters of the Assembly;
- Overall preparation of CAKSB budget;
- Issuance of Authority to Incur Expenditure (AIE) to units;
- Planning and monitoring the programmes and projects of the Assembly;
- Evaluation of financial implications of major policy changes;
- Coordination of donor funding for the Assembly;
- Any other duty as may be directed by the Clerk of the Assembly.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have satisfactory served as a Principal
Accountant/Finance/ Officer CAKSB 10 for a minimum period of three (3) years;
Be in possession of either a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics; Bachelor of
Commerce (Finance/ Accounting Option); or other relevant discipline from a recognized
He/ she must have demonstrated professional competence either in financial management;
Accounting or Economics;
- Knowledge of the IFMIS system
- Master’s degree is an added advantage;
- CPA Finalist or such other equivalent qualifications;
- Member of ICPAK in good standing;
- Holder of a strategic leadership course certificate from a recognized Institution; and,
- Relevant education, experience and knowledge as determined by the CAKSB
How to Apply
Persons interested in filling the above positions should submit applications in own handwriting accompanied by Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, two colour passports size photographs and other relevant supporting documents. In addition, interested applicants should submit certificates of clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Commission, Higher Education Loans Board, Kenya Revenue Authority and Certificate of Good Conduct as part of compliance with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity
Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their
current substantive post during the interview.
All applications should clearly indicate the position applied for in the envelope and
reference line and be addressed to:
County Assembly of Kiambu
P.0. Box 1492-00900 Kiambu
The applications should be sent or hand delivered to the office of Clerk at County
Assembly of Kiambu Buildings so as to reach the office on or before Monday 18th November, 2019 at 5:00pm