Senior Investigations Officer, Mechanical Engineer Job, Engineering Kenyan Jobs,
SENIOR INVESTIGATIONS OFFICER – MECHANICAL ENGINEER, JOB GRADE – EACC “6” (1 POST), REF: EACC/INV/SIO-ME/6
Reporting to the Assistant Director – Specialized Services, the job holder is responsible for providing technical support services to investigative functions of the Commission in the field of Mechanical Engineering as well as supporting criminal prosecution and civil proceedings for recovery of illegally acquired public assets or unexplained wealth.
- Providing technical support services to investigative functions of the Commission in the field of Mechanical Engineering, including generation of technical reports;
- Liaising with external service providers/ experts in the inspection and technical audit and valuation of assets/ projects subject to investigations;
- Providing professional opinions and advisories on projects/ assets under investigations in the area of Mechanical Engineering;
- Supporting prosecution of criminal cases and civil recovery proceedings by tendering evidence/ expert opinion in court.
For appointment as a Senior Investigations Officer – Mechanical Engineer, a person must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum ten (10) years post-graduation, relevant work experience in the field of mechanical engineering, with minimum two (2) years post-registration with the relevant professional body;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognised University;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum Grade C+ or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Registered Engineer by the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) and Member of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results
How to Apply
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution) , clearances and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
To be considered applications should be received not later than Thursday, 9th September, 2021 at 5.00 pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.