- Company: Citi
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - - Accounting Jobs in KenyaCiti Bank Jobs in KenyaConstruction/Real Estate Jobs in KenyaFinance Jobs in Kenya
Citibank N.A. Kenya has been operating in Kenya since 1974 and has two branches in Nairobi and Mombasa, serving Corporate and Institutional clients. Citibank Kenya is the regional hub for the Citi East Africa cluster, which covers Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia. It’s the only solely corporate bank in Kenya. Businesses Citi Kenya is structured around business segments, product groups, operations and technology and staff units. The business segment that caters to our diverse customer base is our Institutional Clients Group, which includes the global relationship banking services we provide for top-tier local corporate clients. As a part of our business focus and broader market reach, in 1999 we expanded our target market to cater to the emerging and vibrant middle and lower market tiers. We also have a financial institutions group that is responsible for our businesses with other banks, insurance companies and other non-banking financial institutions. We offer a range of banking services to companies, including commercial finance, inter-bank transactions, investment services, deposits, cash management and electronic banking. We assist our customers with managing their finances to increase the value of their investments and finance their projects. Citi Kenya also provides global transaction services, treasury and corporate finance services. Citi’s mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world’s toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. We are Citi, the global bank – an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
Purpose of the role
Credit Risk Management Services (CRMS) serves as a critical component of our First Line of defense for wholesale and counterparty credit risk management and is a first line organization that is part of Institutional Credit Management (ICM) under ICG Business. CRMS works through the challenges of the Wholesale Credit Risk Lending processes with the aim of transforming the credit risk process flows including but not limited to credit facility management, legal documentation, collaterals and risk reporting. The scope of responsibilities and scale of this team will evolve over time to continue to meet our needs. Importantly, ICM (CRMS) will coordinate with credit management groups across ICG businesses to ensure full alignment on business and regulatory goals, as well as consistency and best practices where appropriate.
CRMS covers the following areas:
- Credit Risk Approval Controls
- Credit Risk Reporting
- Next Day Limit Monitoring
- Intraday Limit Monitoring (Cash and Securities)
- CRMS Controls and Data Quality
This role sits within the new created global Institutional Credit Management (ICM) business within ICG which has been established with the objective to provide an integrated “end-to-end” credit underwriting, identification, measurement, management and monitoring for wholesale credit businesses across the enterprise.
- Provide Leadership and manage teams across the EMEA Non-CSC locations
- Maintain close interaction and co-ordination with Banking, Capital Markets & Advisory (BCMA), Citi Commercial Bank (CCB), Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), Risk Management, Operations, Legal and Finance across the countries
- Maintain frequent and high level of interaction with senior management across all Product, Coverage and Functional lines in additional to various Local Regulatory Authorities
- Partner with global leadership in defining and executing CRMS target operating model in conjunction with many of the wholesale credit programs.
- Cover diverse portfolio across the region including Global and Top Tier Local Corporates, Commercial, Financial Institutions, Central Banks and Public Sector client segments.
- Ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements and that regulatory reporting obligations are met in an accurate and timely manner.
- Act as the focal point for CRMS in all high-level engagements with internal and external stakeholders
- Represent Credit Risk Function at a senior level in regional and global business forums
- Responsibility and oversight for submission of over 140 Regulatory and Credit Reference Bureau reports done within the EMEA countries. Principal contact person for local regulators across all countries in EMEA on Credit Risk Management related matters
- Understand & implement various regulatory compliance and reporting requirements, and closely work with Finance and Compliance functions to manage reporting and compliance obligations using the Country Regulatory Change Matrix and Global Reporting Inventory Tracking Tool (GRITT).
- Management of operational risk and controls by tracking and monitoring key performance indicators, regular and robust Manager Control Assessments (MCA), and use of continuous process improvement techniques to identify areas of weakness and implementing corrective actions as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a consistent track record having worked as a Program or Project Manager, Transformation Lead, PMO or hands on credit and risk management experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in Banking or Credit Risk Management.
- In depth understanding of global and local trends in Financial and Regulatory reporting and standards.
- An experienced, capable and influential manager who can deliver high quality service in a very demanding, constantly changing and frequently ambiguous environment.
- Risk based thinking and analytical mind set; capacity to proactively anticipate, identify and resolve problems
- Significant operational experience in credit risk management or related areas.
- Demonstrable ability to achieve positive outcomes against rigorous objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices and trends in credit risk management in addition to understanding the local regulatory environments.
- Experience in applying strong project management discipline, governance & controls as well as change management programs and initiatives.
- Fundamental understanding of controls and associated processes