- Company: World Food Programme (WFP)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
The World Food Programme is the food assistance branch of the United Nations and the world’s largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security.
WFP is currently seeking to build talent pool in the position of Engineer NOB
To provide construction and engineering expertise and contribute to the efficient delivery and quality outputs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: First University degree in Civil Engineering or related Engineering discipline. Hold or be eligible for Accreditation to Registered or registrable with Engineers Board of Kenya ( EBK) and/or institution of Engineers or Kenya (IEK).
Working Experience: 3 – 5 years’ work experience in public/private Civil Engineering or other related field.
Language: Fluency in English, both oral and written. Intermediate knowledge of other UN language would be an advantage.
Key Accountabilities (Not All-inclusive)
- Contribute to the implementation of WFP Policies, standards, norms and practices ensuring compliance with wider WFP policies, procedures, guidelines and operations.
- Provide engineering and project management services, apply best practises, standards and innovative technologies that comply with WFP standards and processes.
- Contribute towards the analysis of project proposal to enable effective decision making on project technical feasibility.
- Prepare evidenced based recommendations for senior staff on measures to improve WFP facilities suitability to operational purpose, safety, and efficiency of structures and equipment.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting on outputs to facilitate informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Provide technical guidance that support a successful construction procurement process.
- Participate in technical or design review, exchange of knowledge and experience, keeping abreast of construction and engineering technologies, to facilitate implementation of innovative engineering solutions.
- Support the capacity building of engineering staff to facilitate the continued development and high performance.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with internal and external clients to effectively meet clients’ expectations.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitor the management of risks.
- Other as required.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role
- Has worked effectively under supervision on a large number of varied design and construction projects and taken responsibility for work elements which have been assigned.
- Has attained advanced academic qualifications relevant to engineering.
- Has contributed to projects demonstrating knowledge of engineering specialisations in relation to fire safety, seismic blast or environmental requirements.