Jumia is Africa’s leading internet company, with over 4,000 employees in 14 African countries. We have built winning businesses such as Jumia, Jumia Food, Jumia Travel, Jumia Pay and Jumia Services. It is led by talented leaders with a mix of local and international experience and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to change people’s lives through the internet. We do this by building marketplaces that save customers money and time and create opportunities for vendors, and our other partners. At Jumia Ecommerce, we are building the largest & most loved shopping destination for Africans.
Africa is home to the fastest growing economies in the world, offering huge opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. This growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia plays its role.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for building businesses and for Africa, to join our team and embark on this exciting journey.
Role In Brief
The primary role of a financial planning analyst is to analyze the current financial situation of the business by employing a wide range of quantitative formulas and techniques and thereafter recommend the best course of action based on their initial findings.
The main challenges are described as below:
- Partner with specific lines of business and leaders to analyze, prepare and report on business results (profitability, Cost income Analysis, ROI, Profit contribution & Cost economics).
- Assist manager in the preparation of the monthly internal business review presentation comparing our actual results to budget, forecast and prior year.
- Assist in analyzing the business and expressing findings and/or recommendations orally and in writing across the organization.
- Support management in the preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecasts.
- Perform deep-dive reviews of G&A expenses to identify risks and opportunities.
- Partner with Operations to review forward looking projects and financial results. Develop tools to assist with managing the business.
- Interact with Senior Management and feel comfortable speaking up to express opinions and/or facts.
- Help complete ad hoc analysis for the Senior Leadership team, as requested.
- Perform routine, ad hoc analysis and reporting for month-end process, including variance explanations.
- Contribute to streamlining efficiency across the department by automating and/or eliminating reporting as the business needs evolve.
- Document standard operating procedures.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and a CPA/ACCA qualification is required, MBA is preferred.
- Minimum: 3 years accounting/finance experience. Retail / Ecommerce / Manufacturing / Logistics experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with ability to use incomplete data to make reasonable business decisions with some assistance from peers.
- Experience with financial systems/application such as SAP and Microsoft Nav Dynamics preferred and advanced proficiency in all productivity tools (Excel& PowerPoint).
- Ability to develop productive relationships with peer groups within Finance and all levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated individual who can manage through a multitude of competing priorities at any given time. Must work with a strong sense of urgency and regularly be able to work long hours to achieve agreed upon objectives within strict time constraints.
- Must be comfortable working within a fast-paced, dynamic and highly demanding organizational structure.
- Flexible, team-oriented approach to issues and strong team building skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce giant
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures