- Company: M-Gas
- Location: Kenya
- Job type:
- Job category: No Categories
We provide Pay-As-You-Go LPG cooking for all Kenyans.
We are a rapidly growing company selling LPG to low income families using an innovative IoT Smart Meter.
Our Smart Meters are at the heart of our business. We are building our team to continuously improve the performance and reliability of our meters. We are looking for the best firmware and hardware engineers in East Africa to work within our global team
This is a unique opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in a fast growing company that has global ambitions.
Overall Objective :
Ensure the reliable operation of our meters by conducing rigorous testing of current and future firmware versions, continuously improving the firmware testing process and making recommendations to improve meter firmware.
- Test firmware versions under development
- Recommend improvements in meter software and hardware design. Continuously improve testing processes
- Monitor and analyse the performance of deployed firmware
- Support firmware release process
- Investigate technical issues and potential tampering incidents and recommend resolutions.
- Analyse daily meter performance and report issues
- Ability to read circuit schematics and board layouts in an electrical CAD programs
- Knowledge of hardware (embedded hardware) and firmware interaction
- Experience in C/C++ and Java programming languages
- Experience with MySQL is an added advantage
- Enthusiasm to continuously improve skills and learn new technologies
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili