HR Manager Job, Latest HR Jobs,
KAKUZI PLC is looking for a pro-active, self-driven individual with a desire to create immediate impact in a human rights role in a corporate environment.
The successful candidate will be based at our MAIN OFFICE IN MAKUYU, reporting to the Executive Head – Corporate Affairs, and with responsibility to the Independent Human Rights Advisory Committee (IHRAC). The successful candidate, in close consultation with other Human Rights experts, community leaders, employee representatives and other stakeholders, will be responsible for the design, review, development and implementation of human rights policies and program, including the gender dimensions, in line with the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights.
- Work with key stakeholders such as human rights experts, community leaders and employee representatives to formulate and propose a Human Rights Action Plan to the Independent Human Rights Advisory Committee (IHRAC) for immediate and long-term solutions to human rights challenges in general and specific community areas around the operations.
- Formulate human rights strategies, including from a gender and diversity perspective, for Kakuzi Human Resource Management program.
- Develop and maintain relations with government officials, community representatives, Workers Union, industry bodies and regulatory authorities as far as human rights issues and policies are concerned.
- Develop and manage effective Operational-level Grievance Mechanisms for surrounding communities, employees and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate and oversee human rights studies and due diligence initiatives as necessary and oversee implementation of the resultant Human Rights Action Plan.
- Plan and implement Community Interaction clinics/days to cultivate a strong community link.
- Manage, coordinate, organize and supervise community liaison team.
- Develop and manage effective Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanisms in line with the Kenyan Constitution.
- Monitor, evaluate and interpret the Human Rights trends and advise the Company on the same.
- Prepare human rights reports for the IHRAC.
- Support the operations and environment and compliance team with implementation of Human Rights related requirements.
- Build capacity, train and create awareness on human rights.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) and Human Rights training.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in human rights with demonstrable achievements.
- Be conversant with the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights (UNGPBHR)
- Be conversant with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s)
- Be conversant with the local legislation and regulatory requirements relating to Human Rights.
- Have knowledge of third-party certification requirements relating to Human Rights.
- A working understanding of and exposure to corporate environment.
- Exposure to community relations.
- An appreciation of Human Rights and business issues at international and national level.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to train and disseminate knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Corporate Social Investment principles.
How To Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, cover letter and relevant certificates to [email protected] quoting the position in the email subject by 20th November 2020
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Kakuzi Plc WILL NOT ask you to make any payment at any stage of the recruitment process.