Our client a leading food manufacturing company in East Africa are looking to hire Import and Exports Officer.
The candidate will be responsible for Processing relevant internal documents for all imports and exports, confirmation of customs taxes as per systems and procedures of the organization and government
- Carrying out the departmental strategy through processes and procedures/standard to achieve the institutions objectives
- Processing purchase orders through SAP.
- Application of IDF application through single window system of the company by declaring materials intended to import, classifying the materials to appropriate HS codes.
- Processing import standardization mark sticker application for finished goods imported to KEBS.
- Responsible for exemption application for imported raw materials and spare parts to KEBS by listing material names and HS codes.
- Processing marine insurance cover notes.
- Liaising with clearing agents on goods under clearance by authorizing duty and shipping charges.
- Receiving goods by endorsing delivery notes.
- Processing shipping line demurrage invoices by checking their correctness for payment.
- Benchmarking and implementing best practices in the legal profession & respective areas of work.
- Implementing product quality, customer & Service Excellence and Change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture
- Ensuring Application of Duty Remission quota and approval by the EACDS Commission.
- Responsible for application of the remission Forms to enable clearance of imported material Duty free.
- Responsible for reconciling the imported raw material against the exported goods and submitting files to Kenya Revenue Authority for Auditing.
- Ensuring Bonds cancellation after KRA audit and relevant bodies informed accordingly
- Preparing TREO reports
- Processing of East African Community Certificate of Origin and COMESA Certificate of Origin
- Diploma or Degree in clearing and forwarding.
- Should have East Africa Customs and Freight Forwarding Practicing Certificate
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- Should have Analytical, SAP, Integrity skills and ability to Work under pressure
How to Apply
All applications should be done on or before close of business 18 th February 2019 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted