Internal Audit Assistant Job, Current Audit Jobs,
Answering to the Internal Auditor, the Internal Audit Assistant will ensure the University resources are safeguarded and economically utilized by planning and completing financial audits, identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective internal controls and recommending improvements.
- Plan financial audits by understanding University objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs.
- Assess compliance with relevant regulations and legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance, evaluating manual and automated (ERP) financial processes, identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies as well as operational issues.
- Verify assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
- Complete audit paper work by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Communicate audit progress and findings by providing information to management highlighting unresolved issues, reviewing working papers and preparing final audit reports.
- Improve governance by recommending changes in management monitoring, assessment, and motivational practices, in the internal control structure, and in operating processes as well as identifying root causes.
- Support external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
- Provide financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Contribute to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements and exploring new opportunities to add value to the University.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or its equivalent
- CPA (K) / ACCA and a member of ICPAK.
- Experience in System Audit with qualifications of certification in information Systems Audit or equivalent
- At least 2 years audit experience preferably in institution of higher learning
- Strong business acumen and an ability to identify audit issues.
- Strong analytical skills, team player, ability to multi-task, flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Training in risk and/or fraud management is highly preferable.
- Experience in fraud/risk management is an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and other relevant testimonials.
A) Three (3) hard copies of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P. O. Box 267 – 60200
and Additionally, an electronic copy of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) in PDF format should be sent to:
Applicants who will be invited for the interview will be required to bring the following:
Clearance certificate from
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
To be received on or before 18th December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. . It's FREE