ROLE: JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT
Balaji Travels Limited is a leading tour and travel agency based in Nairobi with offices along Mombasa Road near the JKIA junction. We offer an unrivaled portfolio of travel logistics services to both local and international travelers. We are urgently seeking an experienced and highly competent Junior Accountant.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support with reconciliation of the Travel Receivables and Payables
- Responsible for continuous follow up with Customers for collection of Receivables
- Administer petty cash float, Serves as custodian of petty cash at the office
- Maintain optimal cash balances and ensure established cash limits are observed
- Initiate top-ups and replenishment and process cash payments.
- Updates the Petty cash worksheet daily to capture utilization and post the transactions in the Accounting system
- On monthly basis, undertake Petty cash reconciliation
- Facilitate Deposit of cash and checks to appropriate bank accounts
- Support in processing vendor payments and writing checks on a regular basis as per the system due dates.
- Support the supervisor with the monthly closeout of the process by other assigned finance monthly tasks are completed as per set deadlines
- Bi-weekly run of Accounts receivable report confirming correct month-end balances and customer reconciliation
- Maintain a complete filing system for all bank and petty cash reconciliations
- Assist with booking and expensing all Prepayments.
- Prepare GL reconciliation report for review
- Manage accounting office storage and filing;
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the management.
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in accounting/business or related field and/or Certified Public Accountant qualification
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills Word, Excel, Outlook
- Flexible, culturally sensitive, and exude a “team” attitude
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with staff and other stakeholders
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit applications through [email protected] latest 17 th May 2022