ECDE Programme Officer Job, Latest County Government Kenyan Jobs 2021,
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
POSITION: ECDE PROGRAMME OFFICER, JOB GROUP CPSB 07 (‘M’) – (6 POSTS) BASIC SALARY: Kshs. 49,000 x 2,170 – 51,170 x 2,550 – 53,720x 2,650 – 56,370 x 2,750 – 59,120 x 2,920 – 62,040 x 3,080 – 65,120 p.m.
An officer at this level will be reporting to the Director of Early Childhood Development Education. Specific duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- Supervise, coordinate, promote and implement ECDE programmes, projects, policies, general Education programmes in the Sub–County;
- Prepare and implement ECDE strategic Plan, annual work plans and periodic reports in the Sub–County;
- Provide technical and coordination support to the stakeholders and partners in mainstreaming ECDE in Sub–County;
- Promote awareness on Early Childhood needs and demands to ECDE Teachers and parents;
- Carry out capacity building courses for ECDE teachers and other stakeholders;
- Develop and provide prototypes of appropriate resource materials to local communities and parents;
- Compile reports and disseminate them for technical review;
- Organize and sharing/ distribute reports for improvements in project quality and partner support;
- Act as the link to the National Government, local agencies, Non–Governmental Organization (NGOs) and Communities on ECDE Policy interpretation and implementation;
- Develop a Sub–County Resource Centre for ECDE Programme; and
- Ensure prompt submission of monthly performance reports of the sub county in the following
- areas; Staff returns, Enrolments levels, capitation to ECDE, Financial and expenditure reports.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
- Have served as in the grade CPSB 08 (Job Group ‘L’) position in the Civil Service or in a comparable position in the private sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Education or in Early Childhood & Development Education (ECDE) from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in Early Childhood from a recognized institution will be an added advantage; iv. Be conversant with the Competency Base Curriculum (CBC).
- Be conversant with the County Legal framework of ECDE Programme.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form.
- All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the on–line form.
- All Serving Officers in Civil Service, MUST clearly indicate on the on–line form: –
- The Officer’s Payroll Number;
- Date of first appointment;
- Date of last promotion to the current grade; and
- Substantive designation and Job Group.
- During interviews, shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following original documents: – National Identity Card; Academic and Professional Certificates; and current payslip and letter of last promotion to the current grade, where applicable.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer and women, persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke , fill the Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before 24th September, 2021 at 11.59 P.M. N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e. [email protected] will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified. PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB)
DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY
at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address
and phone number
S E C R E T A R Y / C E O , C P S B