The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) is responsible for providing regulatory oversight on air safety, air navigation services and aviation training in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment.
JOB TITLE: PLANNING OFFICER I
KCAA SCALE 8
Department / Section: Corporate Planning
Reports To: Chief Corporate Planning Officer
Job Purpose: To assist in the formulation and monitoring of Strategic Plans and Performance Contracts.
Scope of work / duties / responsibilities
- Providing input to the overall strategic processes of the KCAA by compiling background information on the business environment and its impact on performance.
- Coordinating with Line Managers on the formulation of Strategic Plan proposals and performance contracts.
- Ensuring Performance Contracts formulated are aligned to the Strategic Plan and the Performance Contracts between the Board and Government.
- Coordinating meetings for the formulation of Strategic Plans and Performance Contracts.
- Collecting data and information on the major events and activities and preparing the Annual Report.
- Conducting analysis of economic development at national and international levels to establish their influence on the performance of the civil aviation industry.
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned by the Chief Corporate Planning Officer.
- A degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Actuarial Science from a recognized University.
- 2 years’ experience in business planning or statistical and economic analyses or performance monitoring or related activities
- Experience in identifying key business and operational issues and formulating proposals
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of civil aviation sector.
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Report writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer operations
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letters quoting the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV with full contact details of three professional referees to the address below.
The applications should be received not later than 16th July 2021.
Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website at www.kcaa.or.ke
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
Note: Persons with disabilities are required to attach a valid copy of NCPWD membership card.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.