Officer – Business Writer Job, Communication Kenyan Jobs 2022,
Plan, coordinate, write and/or edit content material for broadcast and publication.
- Identify story-telling opportunities by collaborating with KRA business units and initiating professionally written pieces such as press releases, opinion pieces and general news articles for publicity to both internal & external stakeholders.
- Read, copy or proof-read content to identify and correct errors in spelling, punctuation and syntax in articles such as opinion pieces, presentations, press releases, photo captions, service charters, etc.
- Facilitate timely responses of media queries sent by journalists.
- Facilitate media interviews with KRA Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on matters of public interest e.g. during the tax filing season, launch of new services, initiatives etc.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly media monitoring of KRA content in traditional Media and prepare evaluation reports on the same.
- Draft speeches and talking notes for KRA management for key internal and external stakeholders
- Plan and execute media engagement activities including facility visits, sensitizations and other engagements.
- A university degree in public relations, communication or journalism, from a recognized education institution.
- Should be a member of a recognized and accredited professional body i.e Media Council of Kenya (MCK), Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK) or any other media professional accreditation body
- 1 years’ experience in journalism; and a newsroom set-up
- Proof of published/broadcast content in print and/or broadcast s:
- Communication skills Excellent reading and writing skills
- Excellent editing skills
- Excellent photography skills
- Active listening skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Complex problem solving skills
How to Apply